For those of us without the Adobe chops to design advertisements in Illustrator or animations in Flash, there’s Easy WebContent Presenter.
As Technically Baltimore has reported, Presenter is a cloud-based web application that allows people to easily create interactive presentations, banner ads, animations and more, entirely in HTML5. As of last week, Easy WebContent’s HTML5 tool is in its public beta phase, free for anyone to try throughout the spring, with pricing details to follow later this year.
“We’re basically putting HTML5 on steroids,” said Payman Taei, the founder of the Frederick-based startup, in an e-mail.
Watch Payman Taei talk about Presenter at Baltimore TechBreakfast in December 2012:
“Each week we have new features/refinements based on user demand,” Taei said.
Some of those features available for designers in Presenter include:
- Templates for HTML5-based presentations, infographics, product demos and banner ads
- Drag and drop photos, videos, shapes, icons, audio and other rich media content directly onto the canvas and customize them
- Animation tools for making presentations and infographics interactive and engaging
- Special effects for adding drop shadows and reflections to image, text and other content
- Publishing and embedding tools that allow creations to be viewed by anyone on any browser or device without special plugins as opposed to traditional tools that rely on Flash
Easy WebContent is an independent spin-out of Hindsite Interactive, a web design firm Taei founded in 2001.
Payman Taei on how Easy WebContent was founded: