The Philadelphia SEO community is like the Omaha music scene — indie, friendly and well-respected nationwide, as I (SEO consultant Bill Sebald) wrote last week.
But who are some of the best practitioners locally? This is the list for you.
If you have an interest in SEO, growing your business or enjoying the antics of a strong tech-minded community, I strongly suggest you follow everyone on this list. [Editor’s note: Follow the whole list on Twitter here.]
- Wil Reynolds (@wilreynolds) is a huge personality, widely recognized in the scene as a forefather. He owns SEER Interactive and nurtures his team of marketers to produce not only great work online, but give back to the Philadelphia community as well. Wil is a rock star.
- Kim Krause Berg (@kim_cre8pc) has been around for a very long time. Creator of Cre8asiteforums (as well as other great properties), her platforms have been the garden of thousands of critical SEO conversations.
- Nick Eubanks (@nick_eubanks) is a highly respected blogger and Twitter personality with a passion for analytics, conversion rate optimization and user experience. He never turns down the opportunity to help someone grow their website. You can find Nick’s writing on SEOmoz, SEOnick, and tons of other big industry sites. (Editor’s note: He’s done his own interviews of leading Philadelphia SEOs, as seen in this post on his blog from which the above image is being used)
- John Henry Scherck (@JHTScherck) is a long-time SEO and member of the SEER team. John focuses on link building, one of the most creative (and crucial) parts of SEO. A conversation with John will leave your jaw on the floor. He has written for many blogs, including Seer and SEOmoz.
- Chris Le (@iamchrisle) is a programmer, developer, and probably an android. SEOs rely on software to mine and analyze data. Chris has made several of the great tools SEOs have in their toolbox. We watch him closely because we don’t want to miss anything he drops.
- Justin Freid (@Justin_Freid) is a director at TPG Direct. He’s also speaker and writer (at Search Engine Watch) covering SEO and PPC. He knows search like the back of his hand and is a great curator. He develops amazing lead driving strategies, a solid gift to have in digital marketing.
- Eppie Vojt (@eppievojt) is a well-known SEO and developer, always building something amazing in his garage. His Link Detective software is a major tool in gathering link intelligence. Eppie knows the white and black sides of SEO equally, truly an encyclopedia of knowledge.
- Ian Howells (@ianhowells) is an SEO renaissance man. He has a huge depth of knowledge of the affiliate space and black and white hat strategies. He’s worked in many different industries. He’s hysterical, extremely helpful and bald.
- Anthony Pensabene (@content_muse) is our newest Philly SEO, recently moving back from a world of adventures. He’s well known in the SEO space as Content Muse, focusing on SEO content. You’d be hard pressed to find an SEO blog Anthony has not appeared on. His home is anthonypensabene.com.
- David Cohen (@explorionary) is a blogger and tweeter, recently returning to the Philly area, also working with SEER. I’ve been following David for as long as I can remember and am excited to have him back in the area. He’s a great curator of SEO info and ideas. He’s a leader.
- Mark Kennedy (@MarkKennedySEM) runs a boutique SEO firm, SEOM Interactive, and has an amazing understanding of all sides of search (including PPC). His Twitter feed is a firehose of useful data and information on optimizing campaigns. I’ve gone to him several times for some insights.
- Annie Cushing (@AnnieCushing) is SEER’s lovable data champion. She’s an analytics SEO with huge industry recognition from her posts and countless speaking engagements. SEOs also lover her for the ability to introduce new tools and time saving checklists and tactics.
- Anthony Moore (@amoore138) is an SEO punk rocker working on big brand ecommerce. Want to sell more online? Ask Anthony. He’s a great curator, and fun to follow for a good conversation (as long as it’s about music).
- Chris Countey (@chriscountey) is a director at Webimax, and popular blogger and speaker. He is an authority on authorship, a new Google feature that’s increasingly looking like the next big thing in Google. He’s always testing and sharing with the SEO community.
- Purna Virji (@purnavirji) is a seasoned interactive marketer for Stroll. She’s on the speaking circuit, tweeting and writing at Search Engine Watch with very actionable SEO (and other digital marketing) tactics and strategies. She’s a sweetheart who is always happy to share her experience.
- Sean Dawes (@SeanDawes) is former in house SEO/SEM’s from local Inc Top 500 retailer American Muscle founded Rocket Dove where they consult for a variety of companies in wide range of areas like custom printing, exotic car rentals, fashion, and medical services and are working on their own online store.”
- Bill Sebald (@billsebald) is, well, me. At the risk of looking vain, I’m submitting myself. I have been doing SEO for more than 10 years and started the SEO practice at GSI Commerce (now owned by eBay). I’ve written for SEOmoz, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Journal, and own Greenlane Search Marketing (GreenlaneSEO). I am so proud to be a part of this amazing SEO community and encourage everyone who has questions to reach out to anyone on this list. Or, join us at the SEO Grail â€“ we’d love to have you.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.