Social impact accelerator GoodCompany Ventures, now part of GoodCompany Group, has announced the 12 new companies that will be participating in its three-month program this summer. It opened applications in April.
Some of the companies, including Novathermal Energy and Wash Cycle Laundry, already work out the GoodCompany Group incubation space in Center City, confirmed GoodCompany manager Zoe Selzer.
Here’s a brief introduction to each of the companies, though you can expect to hear more from them as the summer progresses:
- Desmo: Swedish-born online giving and customer loyalty widget that will use e-commerce to ensure that 100 percent of donations go to targeted nonprofits
Team: Jens Hagman, Martin Berntsson, Stefan Portay
- Edibikes: A Philly-based company focused on sustainable commuting by building simple commuter bikes and distributed service stations.
Team:Sandeep Gopal, Jason Hoover
- High Hopes: A nonprofit which plans to offer guidance to high school students about post-secondary education through a proprietary online technology that evaluates students based on skills and interest as well as individual advisers.
Team: John Roche
- PhilanTech: An online grants management system intended to improve the efficiency of grants administration and enhance the social impact of donation dollars.
Team: Dahna Goldstein
- Pledge4Good: Online giving platform that intends to help donors make pledging to their targeted nonprofits part of their daily routine.
Team: Vikram Bellapravalu, Leonard Fishman
- PSGive: Uses gamification to engage donors and consumers with nonprofits and brands by giving them tokens to participate in online events.
Team: Sean Steinmarc
- Regalii: An online platform to offer Latin American families to send remittances home in the form of gift cards via SMS.
Team: Edrizio de la Cruz, Brian Sulaiman
- StartSomeGood: A platform for entrepreneurs to raise the capital and support necessary to get their socially responsible startups off the ground.
Team: Alex Budak, Tom Dawkins
- TuvaLabs: An online platform that aims to faciliate global education by providing context and relevancy to traditional school subjects and by seeking to answer two perennial student questions: “Why are we learning this, and how will this affect my life?”
Team: Harshil Parikh
- Counterflow RO: This company offers a new patent-pending approach to desalinization called Counterflow RO, that is based on biomimicry and may one day be applied across numerous industries, including semi conductor, pharmaceutical, food processing and municipal drinking water.
Team: Karen Meidlinger
- Novathermal Energy: This company’s patented geothermal technology for building heating and cooling promises to save customers 30 percent to 60 percent in energy costs. Technically Philly covered the company here.
Team: Elinor Haider
- Wash Cycle Laundry: A sustainable laundry service that will do your laundry and deliver your cleaned goods by bicycle.
Team: Gabriel Mandujano