- Shout Out: New Campus Philly Study Reveals That More Students Are Staying In The Region After Graduation [uwishunu] — “From an April-May survey of 4,600 students, 48â€©% â€©of â€©nonâ€nativeâ€© Philadelphian college studentsâ€© reported â€©stayingâ€© inâ€© the â€©region comparedâ€© to â€©29â€©%â€© in â€©2004.â€©â€© And 83% of respondents said they would â€©recommendâ€© Greaterâ€© Philadelphia as a place to go to college.” This follows a wave of Cliff Lee-inspired pride like here and here.
- Download the Phrequency 2011 mobile app! [Phrequency] — from the Philly.com music blog
- Frank Baldino Jr., 57, founder and chief of biotech firm Cephalon [Inquirer] — Biotech entrepreneur Frank Baldino passed on.
- Why Philadelphia should leave PA and join NJ [Philly Deal: Inquirer]
- Tow Truck Operators Angry Over City Council Measure [CBS]
- Gadgets That Defined The Past Decade [Geekadelphia]
- Dorman soars, while Wilmington Trust sinks among local stocks [PhillyInc:Inquirer]
- Pa., N.J. each losing 2 House seats [Philadelphia Business Journal] — After 2010 Census figures
- North Jersey firm acquires Quinnova Pharmaceuticals [PhillyInc: Inquirer]
- Special Report: How the city serves Eastern North Philadelphia [PlanPhilly] — If you value Philadelphia, you must read the latest installment of Patrick Kerkstra’s Desolate to Dynamic project. It’s the best journalism in Philadelphia outside of the Inquirer’s consistently strong work and features data visualization from our own Brian James Kirk.
- Philadelphia Inquirer names Wischnowski editor [Philadelphia Business Journal] — Stan Wischnowski,48, who has been at the Inqy since 2000, will be “embracing and accelerating digital innovation” as the Inquirer’s leader.
- Ten local governments lack websites – and some towns have no plans to create a Web presence for residents [Press of Atlantic City]
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.
WeWork ditched its original Philly coworking space at The Piazza
What roles do gender and race play in the IT job market?
Techstars startup 1to1 is helping ecommerce vendors personalize your shopping experience
This Week in Jobs: Sketch out a new role with these 28 tech career opportunities