- 70 percent increase in black owned businesses in Philly region from 2002 to 2007 [Daily News]
- Phila. Early Stage Venture Showcase report [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- A lot on Nutter’s plate at Phila. chamber luncheon [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Mayor Nutter announces GlaxoSmithKline will relocate to the Navy Yard [Press release] — Later a 1,000 new jobs from Urban Outfitters at the Navy Yard was also announced
- Small-Business Credit Markets, Assessed by a Loan Broker [New York Times] — Ami Kassar, formerly of Advanta, who launched MultiFunding in 2009 answers questions
- Farewell [StoopPhilly] — On Dec. 23, Matthew J. Singer launched a consumer-friendly, real estate and development blog that looked like it could fill a role left by the vacated Brownstoner. Now it’s gone again, as Singer was offered a new opportunity, he tells Technically Philly.
- For Penn, playing the role of Goliath [Philly Inc: Inquirer] — On an economic impact report from the University of Pennsylvania
- Was Eric Schmidt Wrong About the Historical Scale of the Internet? [Read Write Cloud] “RJMetrics cofounder Robert J. Moore gets to the bottom of it.” H/T Philly Tech News
- 2nd Philadelphia Type-in Photos [Geekadelphia] — Yah, typewriters
- ‘Philadelphia’s Cambridge’ [Philadelphia Business Journal] — On an initiative from the University City Science Center and other players to develop that stretch of Market Street into a noted innovation hub
- Pennsylvania’s New Lt. Governor Expects Expanded Role [KYW] Jim Cawley
- Northeast Philly college issues challenge: No Facebook for 30 days [Inquirer] — At Holy Family University
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.
What is geospatial intelligence? A geographer explains the powerful melding of maps and data
BarCamp Philly: Share your inner geek at this year's unconference
As Guru turns 10, CEO Rick Nucci reflects on evolutions in AI and workplace culture
One uCity Square is officially open, housing life science companies and research labs