Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast CEO Brian Roberts Calls Netflix Streaming Service a Positive [Hollywood Reporter] “What used to be called “reruns” on television is now called Netflix,” he says
- Comcast’s Brian Roberts: The man who loves cable [Company Town: Los Angeles Times] — Brian Roberts was most concerned about transitioning Steve Burke from COO to NBC chief.
- Peers or not? Comcast and Level 3 slug it out at FCC’s doorstep [ars technica] H/T PTN
- Comcast, NBC deal opens door for online video [USA Today]
- Cable TV In Pursuit Of Mobility [State of the Art: New York Times] — A funny faux internal Comcast memo on trends in the industry of TV.
Below, a big deal with Samsung, negotiating Manhattan real estate and more.
- Cable Channels Over the Internet, on Samsung TVs [Gadgetwise: New York Times] — “Samsung made a strong push for its Internet-connected televisions on Thursday, announcing new deals with several companies to provide content on its televisions, smartphones and tablet computers.Executives from Time Warner Cable and Comcast joined Boo-Keun Yoon, Samsung’s president and general manager of visual displays, on stage during his keynote presentation at the Consumer Electronics Show here, and discussed plans to bring live programming to Samsung’s Internet-connected televisions and tablets without the need for a set-top box. “
- Xfinity TV App Now Available on Android [Comcast blog] Get the Inquirer story on it.
- Univision gives NBC, Comcast bad news [MarketWatch] — “Now, Comcast Corp. can see exactly how much work needs to be done to help its new baby, NBC, grow up. “
- Countdown to Comcast Cares Day celebrating 10 year of service [Comcast blog]
- NBCU Rock-ing mega-lease [New York Post] –” Now that Comcast has acquired a majority stake, NBC Universal has quietly signed a massive lease at Rockefeller Center with an NBC Trust and General Electric affiliate, public records show.”
- NBCU Local Strategy: Balancing Individualism And Uniform Qualities [paidContent] — Part of the Comcast regulatory approval was to beef up local news coverage.