TowsonGlobal Incubator has selected the five finalists in its third annual Business Plan Competition. The finalists were chosen from a pool of more than 25, according to a press release.
The five finalists:
- Autonomy Engine: Provides a voice monitoring and training delivery platform, called Hone Your Tone™, which equips people to adopt a more effective tone of voice and achieve success
- DynaSystems: Developed the patent-pending DynaSpike™ tire deflation device that allows police officers to safely end high speed pursuits using a hand held wireless remote
- Innovative Bios: Research-based biotechnology company that is developing a process to create a low cost, renewable cell culture broth for the emerging renewable fuels and bio-products industry
- PathoS: Delivers low-cost solutions that streamline the processes used in diagnostic pathology, such as reducing reoperations in Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS) by enabling clinicians to determine the success of the procedure before discharging the patient
- TeloVision: Point-of-care diagnostic tools for cancer researchers and clinicians that will provide earlier, quicker cancer diagnosis, monitoring of cancer progressions, and assessment of therapeutic efficacy, resulting in better patient outcome
Each of the five companies presents to a panel of judges at a public forum May 1, at which point a first- and second-place winner will be chosen.
The winner of the competition receives a complimentary resident membership at TowsonGlobal, which comes with a slate of services and amenities commonly found at coworking spaces as well as access to a network of mentors and business services (accounting, legal counseling and business plan assessment, among others).
Watch a video of Clay Hickson, director of TowsonGlobal Incubator, talking about the competition: