“We build them, we cross them, and sometimes, we even burn them,” said Ajit Mathew George, organizer and executive producer of TEDxWilmington.
At the second Annual TEDxWilmingtonWomen conference, George said, attendees will explore the many aspects of bridges through curated TED and TEDx talks. Thirty-seven speakers from all around the country will take the TEDxWilmington stage on Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at The Mill Auditorium, Nemours Building in Wilmington.
There will be several sessions throughout the day, with each session lasting 90 minutes, and a one-hour break in between. The final session, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m., is a live simulcast of TED talks being given at the TEDWomen 2017 Conference in New Orleans.
Peep the lineup of speakers:
- Amber Alert: The Power of Response – Ability, by Diana Simone
- Could There be a Pedophile Hiding in Your Family Tree?, by Rose Maina
- Bridge of Hope: A Survivor’s Life After Human Trafficking, by Yolanda Schlabach
- Singing Water Out of the Ground in Kenya, by Margaret Joyce Tannian
- How Women Rise, by Joy McBrien
- ClaustroPhobia Relief: From Fear to Freedom, by Kalliope Barlis
- Taking Control of the Aging Process, by Victoria Schmidt
Sponsors for the Second Annual TEDxWilmingtonWomen’s Conference include WSFS Bank, The Kenny Family Foundation, Effective Global Leadership, Quantum Success Coaching Academy and Bobbi Hicks.
Tickets are $100, which includes non-reserved seating, continental breakfast and lunch. Refreshments and snacks are served during the breaks and are also included.