Annapolis-based FounderTrac is planning to hold its second curriculum-based cohort to help startups build a business this fall.
Organizers of the program at LAUNCH! Annapolis, Maryland Tech Council and MCVC Partners announced a new group of 11 companies this week.
After a pilot in 2017, the program received $125,000 in funding from TEDCO late last year, helping it to expand for 2018. An initial cohort for 2018 was held in the winter, culminating in $25,000 in funding for Milemarker.
Organizers received 60 applications for the fall cohort, and a panel of judges conducted virtual interviews to decide the finalists.
Over the 12 weeks, startups will attend sessions and work through a curriculum focused various aspects of building a business like idea validation, sales and product development. They are also matched with an “executive Sherpa” who provides mentorship.
Here’s a look at the startups who were selected, per FounderTrac:
- Brainchild Technologies, makers of a smart pacifier to track infant neurodevelopment.
- NaskMe, which helps connect customers with curated content within a mobile platform, allowing them to message and make purchase decisions.
- DCANTER, a boutique offering personalized wine services.
- Coglide, makers of software bringing AI to sales.
- Live Chair, a medtech mobile app for barbers and stylists.
- Leon Scientific, acellular-based research company focusing on Brillouin microscopy.
- Lokalphoto, a freelance photography marketplace modernizing how people find & book local
- InferCabulary, a web-based literacy platform that teaches vocabulary and critical thinking skills to K-12 students.
- RallyBright, a Saas platform which helps business leaders and coaches build better teams
- SNAX, a robotic delivery system with customizable software integrations by Mindgrub Robotics.
- Nest Collaborative, which provides breastfeeding support for women through online appointments.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.