It’s awards season, and Maryland tech companies aren’t being left out.
The honorees and nominees for the Chesapeake Regional Tech Council’s tenth TechAwards were announced this week. The event will be held March 26 at the Hilton Baltimore Hotel. ZeroFOX is sponsoring this year’s event, and the fitting theme is “Connect with Confidence.”
Under Armour will be honored as the Legend’s Circle Company for their continuous innovation efforts. The apparel giant is entering the tech space with three major acquisitions in the last year, and its principals are increasingly active players in early-stage tech companies.
Scott Ferber will be honored as the Legend’s Circle Individual. After founding Advertising.com, Ferber went on to lead Videology. He’ll be recognized for “game-changing leadership and impact on the Maryland tech ecosystem.”
As for the rest of the awards, the nominees are…
Tech Company of the Year Award:
- 2U (Landover)
- Cision (Beltsville)
- Tenable (Columbia)
- BTS Software Solutions (Columbia)
- OpiaTalk (Baltimore)
- Vheda Health (Columbia)
Rising Star Award:
- Fiscal Note (D.C.)
- Harpoon Medical (Baltimore)
- Versa Tech (Columbia)
Best Place to Work Award:
- Groove (Baltimore)
- Mindgrub (Baltimore)
- 2U (Landover)
Women in Tech (WIT) Award:
- Angela Brown, founder of Victory Global Solutions (Columbia)
- Anne Balduzzi, founder of SameGrain (Baltimore)
- Jacky Kimmel, founder of InfoTeK (Hanover)
Future Innovator Award:
- Clayton Cobb, senior, South River High School (Edgewater)
- Sierra Seabrease, sophomore, Digital Harbor High School (Baltimore)
- Connor Wenck, senior, Towson High School (Towson)
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.