Every year, Inc. publishes a list of private companies across the US that have shown substantial growth according to self-reported data. In order to make the grade, a company must have made a minimum of $100,000 in revenue in 2018 and $2 million as of 2021.
Among 2022’s 5,000 are several Pittsburgh companies considered up to par with the fastest growing companies in the nation. The region’s honorees represented 208% of median growth with a total of $8.9 billion in total revenue and nearly 3,000 jobs added.
In 2021, some software and tech-adjacent companies the list included were ThoroughCare (which closed a $3 million Series A this past spring), Net Health (which just got FDA breakthrough designation for its Tissue Analytics platform) and JazzHR. This year, ThoroughCare maintained a place on the list, and was joined by fellow software companies Idelic and CivicScience.
Of those locals, Idelic came out on top, ranking 889 overall. ThoroughCare and CivicScience were ranked at 1,832 and 4,806 respectively.
Idelic’s software focuses on allowing professionals to streamline their end-to-end driver’s performance and saw 716% in growth. The company also raised a $20 million round in the first quarter of 2021. CivicScience makes polling and analytics software allowing users to gain insight about the media companies and firms, reported 86% growth — and itself raised a $15 million round in 2021.
While ThoroughCare differs from CivicScience and Idelic in its software focusing on strengthening home health care and streamlining complex reimbursement, the medicare software company saw the most growth among listed software companies at 331%.
Here’s a list of companies based within Pittsburgh city limits that were also deemed eligible for the 2022 rankings, in industries such as customer service and real estate:
- Alpha Residential — The real estate investment company focused on property management and developing student housing ranked at 1,945.
- PropsHire — The management company with a focus in healthcare advisory and assisting clients solve technical challenges ranked at 3,337.
- Printdropper — The print-on-demand service saw 432% growth and was ranked at 1,487.
- Uptima — The specialist firm that helps companies boost revenue by optimizing sales and service lifecycle was ranked 3,796.
- The Dog Shop — The all-inclusive dog daycare facility ranked at 3,726.
- Signature Financial Planning — The financial advisory firm focused on helping clients achieve better fiscal health ranked at 3,686.
- ELITETransit Solutions — The transportation provider for the food and beverage industry ranked at 4,604.
- King Tester Corporation — The company responsible for producing portable Brinell testers as well as test blocks and microscopes for manufacturers ranked at 4,807.
Atiya Irvin-Mitchell is a 2022-2023 corps member for Report for America, an initiative of The Groundtruth Project that pairs young journalists with local newsrooms. This position is supportedby the Heinz Endowments.-30-