These days a “product” can be anything from a fabricated object to a digital application to a new type of raw material. But at the core of these sometimes-technical products are real places, real people and real makers.
We did a deep dive on local makers here in Philly, and found that entrepreneurs have access to a wealth of resources to take their product from prototype to production, right here in the city.
In partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal LIFT Labs, Design Philadelphia and StartUp PHL, we are excited to announce the PHL Makers Map, a curated list of 50 local companies to help startups and entrepreneurs ace their product launch, including:
- Accelerators & Incubators: local investors and support programs, like Ben Franklin Technology Partners and the University City Science Center
- Collaborative Workspaces: coworking and makerspaces to connect and collaborate, like The Yard and the Bok Building
- Digital Design & Build: app developers and UX designers, like Think Company and O3 World
- Fabrication & Industrial Design: local makers and production partners, like Philadelphia Woodworks and NextFab
- Product Storytelling: creative and media partners to help tell your story, like REC Philly and Cohere
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.