A dozen recent college grads will be entering Philly’s entrepreneurship scene this fall through Venture for America.
The program released the names of its 2022 class of fellows, 12 of which will be based in the Philadelphia area. Venture for America matches recent college graduates with startups or entrepreneurship-focused organizations to give them hands-on experience with building companies. It also connects fellows with investors and industry experts to support them in their future endeavors, including via its own accelerator. Venture for America operates in 13 cities in the United States, including Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Last year, 28 fellows were selected to work at 14 different companies in the Philadelphia area.
The 12 fellows in the 2022 cohort will be working at six companies in the Philly area for the next two years. That breaks down to one fellow each at Ficks Music, 3BL Media and Pennsy Digital, as well as three fellows at ChargeItSpot, three at Wodify and three at CampusESP.
See a further break down of the fellows, their alma maters and where they are working below. According to a spokesperson, this is the most up to date list at this time.
- Cindy R Vela, The University of Texas at San Antonio — Ficks Music
- Khalid Alzubi, Saint Joseph’s University — ChargeItSpot
- Rowan E Beiter, Bucknell University — Wodify
- Kevin Contreras, Pitzer College — CampusESP
- Reem Khatib, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor — Wodify
- Tian Qiu – University of California-Santa Barbara — Wodify
- Sarah Tatarski, Tulane University of Louisiana — 3BL Media
- Armaan Harjani, University of Virginia — ChargeItSpot
- Ryan Green, University of Notre Dame — Pennsy Digital
- Amar Saraon, Northwestern University — CampusESP
- Madhavi Mooljee, Rollins College — CampusESP
- Sharad Bhagwat, University of California-San Diego — ChargeItSpot
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.