There are more than 110 events on the calendar for the fourth annual Philly Tech Week 2014 presented by AT&T (April 4-12). That’s overwhelming. So with just 9 days until it all goes down, we’ll be sharing the calendar from one of our team members to give you a sense of where you might want to be.
If you’re interested in the arts with beer and marketing on the side, you should follow our new Business Manager.
NAME: Peter Erickson
OCCUPATION: Technical.ly Business Manager
INTERESTS: art, beer, machines and marketing
- Thurs. April 3 from 3pm to 4:30pm: City Council hearing on the Creative Class
— I hang out with a lot creative folks, so I’d like to hear what the city council has to say.
Friday, April 4 from 8:30am to 3pm: Philly Robotics Expo — Robots are cool, and may rule the earth one day. It’s better make friends now.
Friday, April 4 from 7pm to 10:30pm — Arcade @ the Oval — This is one of this things where you can say you were there when it happened.
- Saturday, April 5 from 11am to 6:30pm — Dev Day — I may just learn the secret code.
- Saturday, April 5 from 4pm to 6pm — Machining for makers: practical subtractive prototyping — See what happens when you tell machines to cut things for you.
- Sunday, April 6, 2pm – 6pm — Chevy Innovation Tour — Because when else can you be chauffeured around Philly’s hottest innovation hubs?
- Monday, April 7 12pm – 2pm — Economic impact of the technology sector: a roundtable — Wrap your mind around hyperlocal macro-economics.
- Monday, April 7, 3pm – 5pm — Philadelphia: A civic fusion reactor, presented by OpenAccessPHL — One part technology, one part entrepreneurship. Mix it with a civic-focus. That’s innovative fusion my friend.
- Tuesday April 8, 11:30am – 12:30pm — PR for startups — Learn what to say, how, why, when, and where
- Tuesday April 8, 2pm – 3pm — The future of Digital Marketing — Never before has the world been so inter-connected.
- Wednesday, April 9, 2:30pm – 5:00pm — #failfest: a conversation in failure — We are not doomed to repeat history.
- Wednesday, April 9, 6pm – 8pm — #bgbrewery beer + tech happy hour: presentation + tasting –Take a load off, and imagine a day when beer will brew itself.
- Thurs April 10, 8am – 10am — City of Brotherly bandwidth — We’re all in this together!
- Friday April 11 — 8am – 10am — Tech Hiring & Recruiting Workshop — I have a job in tech, and you can too!
- Friday April 11, 10:30am – 12pm — A side of tech: how technology influences local food practices — Think locally. Act globally.
- Friday April 11, 2pm – 6pm — N3rd Street BBQ — With the N3rd Street corridor growing as an Old City/Northern Liberties anchor to the region, I’m interested in where it goes from here.
- Friday April 11, 7pm – 10pm — Signature event — All 6 Philly Tech Week tracks converge into one beautiful rainbow that is a cocktail party with local tech to play with.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.