After yet another year with COVID-19, the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technology (PACT) knew Philly entrepreneurs needed a reason to celebrate, IRL.
PACT gathers industry leaders, growing companies and local institutions each year for its Enterprise Awards celebrating innovators in the tech and life sciences community. 2021’s event was the first back after a pandemic hiatus and honored investor and serial entrepreneur Josh Kopelman with a Legend Award.
This year, for its 29th edition, PACT convened folks at the Springfield Country Club in Delaware County on Tuesday, May 24, to honor 27 people and organizations. Though there was no Legend Award this time around, nine companies and people took home awards.
“The Enterprise Awards last night embodied our growing and increasingly diverse tech community,” PACT President and CEO Dean Miller told Technical.ly. “The energy and excitement was palpable as attendees spilled into the open air celebration many meeting face to face for the first time in over two years, winners proudly carrying their award and highlighting and introducing their teams throughout the night to recognize all of their efforts.”
For Miller, the night highlighted the strength of the region’s cell and gene therapy sector, and the pipeline of high-growth companies in the region. The nine categories, and their winners were:
- Life Sciences & Healthcare Startup — Center for Breakthrough Medicines
- Technology Startup — Tendo
- Investment Deal — Century Therapeutics
- Life Sciences & Healthcare Emerging — Carisma Therapeutics
- Technology Emerging — Grovara
- Life Sciences & Healthcare CEO — Michael Daley, OrthogenRx (recently acquired by Avanos Medical, Inc.)
- Technology CEO — David DeStefano, Vertex
- Healthcare Innovator — SwanBio Therapeutics
- Technology Company — Piano
“The Enterprise Awards have a rich tradition of recognizing those making a meaningful impact, and it’s my honor to congratulate all of the finalists and winners on their success,” said Dianne Strunk, PACT’s VP, in a statement. “Innovation continues to flourish throughout our region and the Enterprise Awards are about celebrating the many accomplishments that happen right here.”