To bring a spotlight on Northern Virginia tech, the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership (AEDP) and the Arlington Economic Development (AED) are joining forces to take a group of NoVa startups to the annual Collision Conference.
Hosted in Toronto for its fifth year, Collision is a tech conference taking place May 20-23 and is known to draw over 25, 000 attendees. The joint initiative, coined NOVA Goes North, is looking to fully sponsor Alexandria, Va., and Arlington, Va.- based startups to attend the conference and showcase their tech products and services.
Startups must have physical offices in either cities, plus fall within this specific criteria to be eligible, according to a news release:
- Be an early stage startup that is less than 5 years old.
- Each startup must have their own unique software product or solutions or be working on their own connected hardware spaces.
- Startups must be their own independent company and not a subsidiary of a larger organization.
- Startups must be launched and live with their own working website.
- Participants must be ready and interested in engaging fully in the Collision events program.
The deadline for applications is March 20 and selected companies will be notified in April.-30-