Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- MSNBC aims for the gap [Inquirer] — MSNBC employees, including host Chris Matthews, seem to think Comcast ‘has a plan.’
- TV Everywhere Starts Getting Somewhere [Light Reading] — “The battle lines on TV Everywhere content rights are still being drawn by MSOs and programmers, but the authentication systems that will make those services easier for consumers to access and help the category achieve some scale before industry-wide standards are adopted are finally starting to take shape.”
- NBCU International Loses Top Exec in Comcast Reshuffling [The Wrap] — ” Roma Khanna, a top executive for NBC Universal International, is stepping down in the management shakeup that installs Jeff Shell as NBCU International’s president.”
- Local Dwarf Couple Sues E!, Comcast [Fox 29] — A Collingswood, N.J. couple is suing Comcast, E! and Talk Soup host Joel McHale for what they allege are inappropriate comments. [Not sure what’s the appropriate term here.]
- Mnet Inks Carriage Deal With Comcast [Multichannel News] — “Asian-themed entertainment network Mnet has reached a carriage deal with Comcast that will give the upstart channel digital basic carriage in several major Comcast systems.”
- Comcast Beefs Up Customer Service [The Street]