- Philadelphia Venture Capitalists Kopelman and Oliva Make Forbes Midas List of Top Tech Investors [citybizlist] “Two Philadelphia based venture capitalists were named to Forbes Midas List of Tech Investors, which aims to single out the top 100 venture capitalists that provide “the best returns for their investors, while helping create the most valuable and impactful technology and life science companies.” Josh Kopelman from First Round Capital ranked 6th overall while Adele Oliva from Quaker Partners came in at 97th.”
- Philadelphia Sets Sights On Becoming America’s Next Big Tech Town [Fast Company] “Brotherly love, however, has found its way back into Philadelphia over the past few years thanks to a determined community of nerds building technology companies.”
- Introducing DuckDuckHack [Gabriel Weinberg’s Blog] “Checkout the tutorial at DuckDuckHack.com for the what, why and how specifics. You can watch for new plugins on Twitter and get help on the mailing list or on chat.”
- Philly Inc: For Sunoco, an ‘everything must go’ deal at last[Inquirer] “It took three years, eight months, and 22 days for Sunoco Inc.’s leadership to complete a 180-degree strategy turn. So Monday’s announcement that a Texas pipeline operator with the exciting brand name of Energy Transfer Partners L.P. would acquire Philadelphia’s Sunoco for $5.3 billion was not unexpected.”
- O3 Runs the Tough Mudder for the Travis Manion [o3 World] “Fast forward to late February, we began a website redesign project with the Travis Manion Foundation. As we began to get into the project a simple conversation between Justin Handler, one of our Project Managers, and our client turned into a full fledged sponsorship from the Foundation to back our dedicated group of lunatics in their personal challenge to conquer the Mudder. The way it works is the Foundation provides support along with the names of Fallen Heroes for each person running the event. We in turn will compete to raise awareness about the sacrifices of the military community, and we will challenge others to do the same.”
- After 2 Years Of Pivots, ShowMe Finally Has A Sticky Product — 500,000 Lessons Are Being Added Every Month [Business Insider] “ShowMe has been growing quickly. Since last summer, 1.5 million whiteboard lessons have been added to ShowMe. They cover everything from 15-minute calculus classes to 30 second music tutorials. Kim also raised $1 million from SV Angel, Betaworks, Lerer Ventures and others.” –A DreamIt graduate
- Select Greater Philadelphia Named among the Nation’s Top 10 Economic Development Groups [GPCC]
- Introducing our newest product, GeoTrellis [Azavea]
- Philly Fed Firms Continue to See Expansion [Business Wire]
- Philadelphia Web Marketers to Speak @ the SEOMoz Meetup at the Search Church [Geekadelphia]
- Checkpoint Systems faces severe downturn, makes change at top [Philly Tech News]
- QlikTech discusses quarterly earnings; Radnor-based company now at over 1100 employees and growing [Philly Tech News]
- Fifty Organizations in 18 Countries Using QlikView Through Change Their World Grant Program [Business Wire]
- Why We Chose Fishtown [O3 World]
- PlaySay gamifies language learning with speech recognition app [VentureBeat] — They left Philly for D.C. and then took off for San Francisco.
- Help us win an office makeover [Wildbit]
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.