This annual list ranks the 500 fastest-growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, fintech and energy tech companies in the U.S, in both the public and private sectors. Honorees are selected based on their percentage of fiscal year revenue growth from 2016 to 2019. There’s a median growth rate of 450% from the companies on 2020’s list, with the highest growth rate being 106,508%.
More than 35 states and provinces across North America are represented, with 20% of the companies located in Silicon Valley. The DMV region overall accounted for 6% of the winners on the list, with 72% of those companies working in the software tech sector. Several of these companies were also recently honored on this year’s Inc. 5000 list as well.
Arlington, Virginia-based HUNGRY nabbed the highest local rating, coming in at #18 overall and showing 10,914% growth. (The company also won Growth Company of the Year in the 2020 Technical.ly Awards, as decided by public vote.)
Vienna, Virginia-based Urgently, curator of a global mobility and roadside assistance platform, came in at #67 on the list, with a 1,968% growth rate. This is the second consecutive year the company has made the list.
Half of the DMV region’s honorees are based in Virginia, with 15 companies on the list spread across the Commonwealth. McLean, Virginia-based Binary Fountain, curator of an online reputation management platform, snagged the #206 spot with 587% revenue growth.
“As we close out a year full of finding innovative new ways to support our clients, Binary Fountain remains committed to top-tier customer service and providing customers with technology they need to thrive in today’s changing digital landscape,” said Binary Fountain CEO Ramu Potarazu in a statement.
Here are some of the other D.C. area tech companies that were included on the list with their location, industry, growth percentage and rank:
- Bethesda, Maryland-based iLearningEngines — Software and SaaS, 10,304% growth, ranked #20
- Dulles, Virginia-based Gravy Analytics — Software and SaaS, 3,624% growth, ranked #50
- College Park, Maryland-based Cybrary — Software and SaaS, 1,284% growth, ranked #90
- Gaithersburg, Maryland-based Xometry — Electronic devices/hardware, 949% growth, ranked #126
- D.C.-based Fundrise — Software and SaaS, 443% growth, ranked #252
- D.C.-based Clutch — Digital/content/media/entertainment, 275% growth, ranked #358
- D.C.-based Mapbox — Software and SaaS, 242% growth, ranked #387
- McLean, Virginia-based GTT Communications — Communications/networking, 228% growth, ranked #413
- Charlottesville, Virginia-based WillowTree — Software and SaaS, 219% growth, ranked 3427