Calling all digital artists: here’s your chance to have one of your works displayed on the PECO Crown Lights during Philly Tech Week 2012.
The University City Science Center’s Breadboard Art in the Air program is partnering with Philly Tech Week to offer a member of Philadelphia’s creative technology community an opportunity to create content for the famed LED light system atop PECO headquarters at 23rd and Market from April 23 to June 29. Art is the Air is sponsored by PECO.
There’s one catch: deadline is April 16!
After the jump, find the submission guidelines or see Breadboard’s full guide to applying.
To see Technically Philly’s previous coverage of an Art in the Air exhibit, see this article.
Below, see a video of a previous Art in the Air exhibit.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- The 2012 Art in the Air program is open to all digital artists & animators residing in the Tri-State Area (PA, NJ, DE).
- Digital works must be no more than 30 seconds in length.
- Digital works may not include the use of proper nouns nor promotional content (artist’s website, contact information, etc.).
- Submissions must be original works that have been created within the last five years and artists must own all rights to their video submissions.
- Digital works may be made using any technique, but they must be submitted to the competition in a WMV file format.
- All work must be formatted for display in exact accordance with PECO Crown Lights dimensions: 360 x 2224 @ 72 dpi (height by width).
- Artists should provide video stills and embeddable links to their animations and/or Youtube/Vimeo links so that PECO and Breadboard can promote selected work and the Art in the Air program.
- Individuals submitting work for review must be at least 18 years old and provide a certification of original work of art/ownership.
- Please send submissions to: email@example.com (Subject: PECO)
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.