DreamIt Ventures, Philadelphia’s nationally recognized early-stage technology incubator, has announced the 15 companies that will make up its Fall 2011 class. Seven have roots in the Philadelphia area.
Based in the University City Science Center, the incubator takes six percent stake in each company in exchange for three months of rapid development, mentoring and collaboration. Past DreamIt companies include SeatGeek, SCVNGR and Notehall.
Different from other years, this DreamIt class is the first in Philadelphia to begin in the Fall as the incubator opened up shop in the 67th Ward in the Summer. Additionally, DreamIt has partnered with Ben Franklin Technology Partners and Comcast Ventures to offer additional funding and the introduction of the Minority Entrepreneur Accelerator Program, respectively.
Previously Technically Philly had unearthed four of the fifteen including CloudMine, which we profiled last month.
The companies from the DreamIt press release, our comments in italics:
- Cloudmine, Philadelphia, PA. The world’s simplest mobile backend-as-a-service provider. See our coverage of the company here.
- ClrTouch, Brooklyn, NY: Enabling consumers and publishers to port web content into a custom tablet interface.
- ElectNext, Philadelphia, PA: It works like a dating site, for your elections. Compare candidates and find the perfect fit.(MEAP company)
- FeedbackTrail, West Chester, PA: Building a better app experience through feedback.
- Grassroots Unwired, Philadelphia, PA: Mobile applications that provide the accountability and efficiency of real time tracking and reporting for political campaigns and non-profits that capture data in the field.
- Kwelia, New York, NY: Quantitatively-derived analytical tools that will facilitate decision-making for residential real estate. (MEAP company)
- Metalayer, Washington, DC: A visual search company that turns the real world into sortable data. Turn your pictures into 1,000 words. (MEAP company)
- Nopone, Chatanooga, TN: Bringing together contractors, builders, project managers, DIYers, and building material suppliers. List it. Supply it. Build it. See our coverage of the company here.
- Oneaway, Philadelphia, PA and Palo Alto, CA: An app that introduces you to new people.
- Polin8, Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY: Mobile platform media studio specializing in pioneering Apps that engage users with high-concept visual, sound and touch interactions.
- Qwite, Los Gatos, CA: A location-based service, taking you where you want to go – from intent, to experience and memories. (MEAP company)
- SnipSnap, Philadelphia, PA: The first app to scan and save coupons to your mobile phone.
- Spling, Summit, NJ: A social broadcasting network that allows you and your friends to easily share, discover, and experience media on the internet.
- Technology Startup (Name Being Finalized), Washington, DC: A platform that will help friends make their plans more easily. (MEAP company) This is the same focus of Sqoot, a 2010 DreamIt grad which has since pivoted into a delay deals widget site.
- TraRoma, Taiwan and New York, NY: A dating site with a female point of view.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.