Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates
- Another Comcast tower in Center City? [Inquirer: Philly Deals] — New plans for 1800 Arch Street
- Court Rejects Comcast’s Attempt to Throw Out 8-Year-Old Class Action Suit [V2M] — “A federal appeals court has affirmed a judge’s decision to certify a class-action lawsuit against Comcast in an eight-year-old case over whether the cable TV giant violated antitrust law by engaging in anticompetitive behavior in Chicago and Philadelphia.”
- Comcast Employees Top Donors to Obama Campaign Accounts [ABC News] — “Employees of media giant Comcast have contributed more money to President Obama’s reelection bid than employees from any other organization” This follows Obama’s visit to CEO Brian Roberts’s summer home in Martha’s Vineyard. H/T Philly Tech News
- Comcast to introduce low-cost Internet service for low-income families [Inquirer] — at $9.99 a month, some 150,000 children in Philadelphia could be eligible for the Internet Essentials program, part of Comcast’s pledge to the FCC following the NBC deal.
- Bloomberg TV Takes New Shot At Comcast Over Channel Placement [paidContent]
- The politics of Sharpton’s new gig [Chicago Sun-Times] — Noting a conspiracy theory that Comcast leadership pushed Al Sharpton as an act of attrition around diversity and to win over his support in their NBC deal
- Comcast Welcomes Public Safety Communications Officials to Philadelphia [Comcast blog] — The company smooches up to public safety officials following the APCO conference, which we covered here.
- Comcast vs Net Neutrality: The Movie [TorrentFreak] — A documentary, the trailer for which you can watch below.
[kickstarter url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/barbershoppunk/barbershop-punk-protect-your-freedom-of-speech width=480]
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.