Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates
- Rating the Comcast-NBCU Merger: The New Culture Settles In [The Wrap]
- Verizon, Comcast deals imminent for Microsoft Xbox Live TV [RapidTV News] — “Microsoft is eyeing partnerships with Comcast and Verizon to bring live TV to the Xbox 360, according to reports.”
- Comcast’s $9.99 Internet for low-income families goes nationwide [ars technica] — The program recently launched in Philadelphia.
- Regulators praise Comcast’s $9.95 monthly high-speed offering [Fierce Cable] — FCC commissioner Julius Genachowski praises the Internet Essentials program.
- Comcast upbeat about 3Q performance, CFO says [Market Watch] — “Comcast Corp. executives “feel pretty good about how the business is performing” during the cable industry’s key back-to-school period, Chief Financial Officer Michael Angelakis said. “
- NBC Sports Network the favorite here to win new NFL package [Sports Business Journal]
- Comcast eyes future, hires big guns [Politico]
- Comcast, Honeywell Slammed by CDP; UPS Tops Latest Rankings [Environmental Leader] — Comcast listed, along with Apple, Amazon, DirecTV and others as being among the largest ‘non-responding’ companies to the Carbon Disclosure Project’s annual carbon performance and disclosure ratings.
- Minority Entrepreneur Accelerator Program Kicks Off in Philadelphia [Comcast blog] — The DreamIt companies from this program highlighted.
- Eagles lay a block on Comcast SportsNet’s John Gonzalez? [Daily News: Philly Gossip] — Rumor has it that the Eagles asked Comcast SportsNet to keep its new writer John Gonzalez, formerly an Inquirer beat writer, from covering the team, which has thus far happened.
- FCC’s Internet rules clear a review hurdle [Reuters]
- NBCU’s conference highlights the growing buzz of social media [Inquirer]
- Universal Pictures Chairman Adam Fogelson will stay on through 2014 [LA Times: Company Town] — “NBCUniversal owner Comcast Corp. took another step to retain Universal Pictures’ top leadership, announcing Monday that it has extended the contract of Chairman Adam Fogelson through 2014. Fogelson’s deal was set to expire at the end of next year.”
- Comcast Battles With BT [Light Reading Cable] — “Comcast Corp. has lobbed a lawsuit at a unit of U.K.-based BT Group that seeks a ruling that the MSO doesn’t infringe on eight BT network-related patents covering functions such as network-traffic management and fault monitoring.”
- Vail to consider Comcast deal [Vail Daily] — H/T PTN