Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Comcast to offer free wireless gateway [Connected Planet] — With Comcast subscription, more from the company’s blog here.
- Comcast shows off its new ‘Barcelona’ HD guide upgrade [Engadget]
- iPad, Xoom Get First Crack at Comcast’s AnyPlay [Light Reading Cable]
- Comcast content swap in Phila. nets high school sports [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia’s CSNPhilly.com site will provide the Calkins newspaper chain with pro sports coverage in exchange for high school sports coverage from Calkins reporters.”
- Comcast: Wait time for service appointments has shrunk from four hours to two [Boston Globe] — “Comcast Corp. said its initiative to shorten the waiting times for most scheduled service appointments to two hours is now in effect in the Greater Boston market.”
- Comcast’s GM resigns to become Knology’s GM [Augusta Chronicle] — Abu Khan, “The general manager of Comcast in Augusta has left to become the manager of Knology in Augusta.”
- Comcast policy on credits for interrupted service after snowstorm displeases Springfield City Councilor James Ferrera [Mass Live] — Springfield, Mass. “City Councilor James J. Ferrera III told Comcast Cable officials Monday that he disagrees with the company’s policy of requiring customers to call Comcast if they are seeking a refund for interrupted service related to the major snowstorm on Oct. 29. “