Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- SOLD: Disney, Hearst pay Comcast $3B for A&E stake [Philadelphia Inquirer] “Why sell now? ‘Unlike most of NBC Universal, A&E is performing very well’ with its History Channel, Lifetime and A&E networks, writes bond analyst Dave Novosel of Gimme Credit LLC.”
- Comcast close to selling its share in A&E [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Compensation Slows for CFOs [Wall Street Journal] “Comcast Corp. Chief Financial Officer Michael Angelakis was named vice chairman of the media company late last year and now can add another distinction to his rÃ©sumÃ©: He was the most highly compensated CFO among major U.S. companies. Mr. Angelakis was awarded compensation valued at $21.9 million last year, according to a Wall Street Journal review of data provided by S&P Capital IQ.” According to the report, his compensation declined, but generally, some of the most highly paid CFOs had moved on from this positions or received a greater loss in compensation last year.
- House Dems Say Verizon Wireless Deal With Comcast “Raises Serious Concerns” [Deadline]
- Comcast Named a Top Company for Diversity by Black Enterprise Magazine [Business Wire]
- Comcast may add automobile security to Xfinity Home platform [FierceCable]
- The Philadelphia Phillies Cover All the Bases with Ethernet from Comcast Business Services [Business Wire]
- Comcast Business Services Launches Business VoiceEdge in the Houston Region [Business Wire]
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.