Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast Deal May Hang on Showing Rivals’ Online Video [BusinessWeek] — Nothing new here, online video has always been the most talked about issue in the merger
- In NBC’s Shadow, Comcast Ponders an Olympic Plunge [New York Times]
- FCC chair to approve Comcast-NBC merger with conditions for program sharing [Post Tech: Washington Post]
Below, discounts to lower income customers, video of ‘Comcast Holiday Hell’ and more.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Nonprofit news may thrive in Comcast takeover [New York Times] — “Comcast is pledging to establish partnerships between news nonprofits and at least five of the 10 NBC television stations that are owned by NBC Universal. “
- Comcast to offer discounts to needy if NBC deal approved [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Comcast and NBCU — A Status Update [Comcast blog] — Senior Vice President David L. Cohen writes of “substantial progress toward approval of the Comcast-GE transaction relating to NBC Universal” Last week, as the Washington Post reported, the FCC circulated amog its five members an order with merger conditions for the NBC deal.
- Does the FCC Want to Kill Hulu? [Media Memo: All Things Digital] — The conflict between proposed FCC limitations on NBC video and a deal it struck with Hulu
- Seven Sports Events That Won’t Happen in 2011 [New York Times] — Oh, so Comcast won’t be buying NFL Network to merge it with Versus.
- The Really Big Screen [Slate] — On the Comcast Center video screen
- FCC releases full net neutrality rules [Engadgetnet]
- Readers Write: Comcast’s Holiday Hell [Philebrity] — An angry customer shoots video of a long wait at a Delaware Avenue customer service building.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.