Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast Deal May Hang on Showing Rivals’ Online Video [BusinessWeek] — Nothing new here, online video has always been the most talked about issue in the merger
- In NBC’s Shadow, Comcast Ponders an Olympic Plunge [New York Times]
- FCC chair to approve Comcast-NBC merger with conditions for program sharing [Post Tech: Washington Post]
Below, discounts to lower income customers, video of ‘Comcast Holiday Hell’ and more.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Nonprofit news may thrive in Comcast takeover [New York Times] — “Comcast is pledging to establish partnerships between news nonprofits and at least five of the 10 NBC television stations that are owned by NBC Universal. “
- Comcast to offer discounts to needy if NBC deal approved [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Comcast and NBCU — A Status Update [Comcast blog] — Senior Vice President David L. Cohen writes of “substantial progress toward approval of the Comcast-GE transaction relating to NBC Universal” Last week, as the Washington Post reported, the FCC circulated amog its five members an order with merger conditions for the NBC deal.
- Does the FCC Want to Kill Hulu? [Media Memo: All Things Digital] — The conflict between proposed FCC limitations on NBC video and a deal it struck with Hulu
- Seven Sports Events That Won’t Happen in 2011 [New York Times] — Oh, so Comcast won’t be buying NFL Network to merge it with Versus.
- The Really Big Screen [Slate] — On the Comcast Center video screen
- FCC releases full net neutrality rules [Engadgetnet]
- Readers Write: Comcast’s Holiday Hell [Philebrity] — An angry customer shoots video of a long wait at a Delaware Avenue customer service building.