Updated 7/15/10 @ 2:37 p.m.: WiMax product reporting
Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- The Philadelphia Business Journal reports that the European Commission has approved the Comcast-NBC Universal deal.
- Broadcasting and Cable reports that at this week’s Comcast-NBC deal public hearing in Chicago the focus turned to the deal’s potential impact on the future of online video. H/T Philly Tech News
- The Washington Post adds to the storyline of online video playing into the Comcast-NBC regulatory process, all after the Inquirer set the table on what the impact of the hearing was meant to be.
Below, get your $16, TV Everywhere is called ‘all hype’ and more.
- Multichannel News reports that Comcast’s internal surveying shows increases in its customer service approval ratings, just around the time that a ComputerWorld blogger shares his “tech support nightmare” with Comcast and cites it as evidence of wholesale incompetence.
- Ars Technica reports that Comcast subscribers from April 1, 2006 to Dec. 31, 2008 who used various peer-to-peer sharing networks can receive $16 in repayment.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- The Comcast corporate blog shares its take on the Chicago public hearing, in addition to highlighting who the company says benefits from its acquisition of NBC.
- Silicon Alley Insider reports that TV Everywhere is ‘all hype’ because Comcast is supplementing its free video streaming service by raising its rates on other services.
- The Washington Post highlights some of the major conditions outlined for the Comcast-NBC deal to be approved.
GIVE A GLANCE
- The Philadelphia Business Journal reports that Comcast has unleashed its top tier 100 megabits per second download internet service in Philadelphia, after rolling out the service in the Twin Cities. Light Reading adds to the story and its context by reporting on another improved product roll out, “High-Speed 2 Go WiMax product.”
- The Comcast corporate blog also has a general item on its take on public hearings.
When there is just too much Comcast news to follow, the Comcast Roundup will be there every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.