Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Democrat David L. Cohen of Comcast to back GOP’s Corbett [Philadelphia Inquirer] “The Comcast executive vice president has long been known as the go-to fund-raiser for Democratic candidates. He is credited as the chief strategist behind former Gov. Ed Rendell’s successful political career, and President Obama in 2011 described him as a ‘great friend.’ Now, just as the 2014 governor’s race is beginning to heat up, Cohen says he will likely back Republican Gov. Corbett’s reelection campaign.”
- Comcast Yanks ‘Exxon Hates Your Children’ TV Commercial; Online Petition Keeps It Alive [International Business Times]
- Comcast denying gun advertisements on network [The Daily Caller]
- Comcast joins AIG, BP as one of America’s 10 least reputable companies [Yahoo]
- Comcast Kicks Tires on Prepaid Internet [Multichannel News] “Hoping to tap into a new customer segment, Comcast is testing a relatively low-speed prepaid Internet service — starting at $69.95 for a kit that includes a cable modem and 30 days of access — in the greater Philadelphia region.”
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.