Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- NBC Wins the U.S. Television Rights to Olympic Games Through 2020 [Bloomberg]
- NBC Universal snaps up other half of Orlando parks [Reuters] — “NBCU will buy out [Blackstone] the private equity firm’s 50 percent stake in Universal Orlando for around $1.025 billion.”
- How Will NBCUniversal’s Olympics Deal Affect Comcast’s Stock? [Hollywood Reporter] — H/T Philly Tech News
- New day for Comcast to spend $$ [Philly Inc: Inquirer] — For Olympics and Universal Studios
- “Education Nation Experience” Launches in Philadelphia [Comcast blog] –David L. Cohen kicking off the NBC News event with others at National Constitution Center
- Comcast VC arm leads stampede to San Francisco’s 1 Kearny St. [San Francisco Business Times]
- NBC finishes last in prime time [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Comcast to offer home security package [Reuters] — As we’ve heard before, pushing into the other market of home security
- Comcast SportsNet to telecast Philadelphia bike race in high definition [Philadelphia Business Journal] — The local sports network shot the International Cycling Championship, including the Wall in Manayunk
- Sources: 76ers sales talks ongoing, sale ‘imminent’ [ESPN] — In which Comcast-Spectacor sells to a New York-based ‘leveraged buyout specialist’ Joshua Harris, a Wharton grad
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.