Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast Begs Employees To Vote For Charter In Worst Company In America Poll [Consumerist] — Allegedly, Comcast representatives encouraged employees, if they agreed, to vote against Comcast in this year’s annual March Madness-style public voting bracket on Consumerist to determine ‘the worst company in America.’ Last year, Comcast took the unfortunate crown. The round one voting is here.
- Who’s Going To Buy Sprint Now? Verizon? Comcast? Google? [Silicon Alley Insider] — The Wall Street Journal cites a source as saying Comcast is not interested.” H/T PTN
- Co-Presidents to Head Up USA Channel [New York Times] — “Comcast’s NBCUniversal division is promoting two executives, Jeff Wachtel and Chris McCumber, to be the co-presidents of USA, the most-watched channel on cable television. “
- Comcast Gives Customers More Choice with Mobile Self-Service [Comcast blog] — Mobile bill pay, to add to other features
- Comcast forms diversity advisory council [phillyBurbs.com]
- Philadelphia Union adds TV partners [Philadelphia Business Journal] — ComcastSportsNet and the Comcast Network will broadcast Philadelphia Union soccer games
- Comcast government-affairs exec retires [Inquirer] — “Comcast Corp. government-affairs executive Joe Waz is retiring and will launch a consulting business, the Philadelphia cable company said today.”
- Comcast DOCSIS 2.0 Markets To See Upgrades As Comcast Pushes 3.0 Past 85% Of Their Footprint [Broadband Reports]
- Comcast Business Services Launches Indirect Channel Sales Program – Signs with Telarus, Inc. [PR Web]
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.