Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates
- Internet Essentials from Comcast: Mayor Nutter, CEO Brian Roberts unveil low-cost internet option [Technically Philly] Find a Willow Grove Patch school angle here.
- Comcast Ads Misled Customers, Regulator Says [The Wrap] — “The advertising industry’s self-regulating division has said that Comcast should modify or discontinue claims it makes about its Xfinity service, including those that imply inaccurate comparisons between Xfinity and its competitors.”
- Comcast’s NBC Universal Takeover Approved With Continuing Court Oversight [Bloomberg]
- Judge Enters Comcastâ€“NBCU Final Judgment, With His Own New OVD Condition [Broadcasting and Cable] H/T PTN
- NBCUniversal’s Burke names investment banker to top financial post [Company Town: Los Angeles Times] — “The purging of high-profile General Electric Co. executives from NBCUniversal is complete.NBCUniversal Chief Executive Steve Burke on Wednesday put the finishing touches on his senior management team by announcing that Stuart J. Epstein — former managing director of Morgan Stanley and global head of the firm’s media group — would become chief financial officer for the entertainment giant in mid-October.”
- Dick Ebersol Returns to NBC Sports as Advisor [Hollywood Reporter] H/T Philly Tech News
- Comcast Slots SeaChange Into Video Gateways [Light Reading] — Comcast chooses SeaChange ” to power a new line of broadband-connected, hybrid gateways and set-tops that deliver the MSO’s traditional QAM-based video services and a stable of IP-based content”
- Empowering Girls to Win in Science [Comcast blog] — the Comcast Foundation has supported FIRST and this all-girl robotics team from Mount Saint Joseph’s Academy in Flourtown, Pa., which you can watch in action below.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.