More than 1,500 people voted in the first ever people’s choice Baltimore Innovation Week Awards. Here are who got top billing, which included some tight races and last minute jockeying.
The winners were announced at Friday’s Innovation Celebration closing party for Baltimore Innovation Week where some 200 community members came on the promenade of the Under Armour campus in Tide Point. Technical.ly Baltimore co-organized the event with Startup Maryland.
- Most Innovative Startup — Parking Panda
- Tech Business Success Story of 2013 — Sourcefire
- Tech Mission Org of the Year — Digital Harbor Foundation
- Economic Development Organization of the Year — gb.tc
- Neighborhood or Community Group of the Year — Downtown Partnership
- Investment Group of the Year — TEDCO
- Design/Dev Firm of the Year — R2Integrated
- Web/Radio Series or Podcast of the Year — The Lines Between Us from Maryland Morning at WYPR
- Online News of the Year — Baltimore Brew
- Marketing Firm of the Year — MGH
- Colocation or Incubator Space of the Year — Betamore
- Most Innovative Neighborhood — Federal Hill
- Most Innovative College or University — University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Baltimore Tech Event of the Year — TEDx
- Baltimore Meetup of the Year — TechBreakfast
- Best Tech Product of the Year — Brain Sentry Impact Sensor
- Innovative Artist of the Year — Baltimore Rock Opera Society
- Civil Servant of the Year — Chris Tonjes
- Civic Hacker of the Year — Jessica Ladd
- Community Leader of the Year — Mike Brenner
- Best Baltimore Voice of Innovation — Kevin Plank
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.