Baltimore health tech company Aperio Health is getting a boost of confidence and funds from TEDCO. Aperio is one of 10 recipients of TEDCO’s latest round of seed funding.
Aperio cofounder Drew Clark said the funding from TEDCO goes a long way in building the company’s credibility.
“Smart capital is much more important than just capital,” he said. “The support from TEDCO helped us raise additional funds.”
The money from TEDCO is going towards building the software for their health intelligence platform. Instead of trying to sell to big hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Clark said Aperio is focused on community service providers and outlets who work with people on Medicare and Medicaid.
“We believe the healthcare system is going to evolve, and community service providers and clinics will be at the forefront of healthcare,” he said, adding that the technology used by many behavioral and mental health providers is outdated.
Aperio offers a new take on the tech. The company is launching the platform in October with their first client ncgCare. The company provides community-based treatment services such as substance abuse and mental health services in Virginia and several other states.
“Baltimore is a great city for healthcare potential and we want to be a part of the brain power that is taking advantage of that,” Clark said.
In addition to the $100,000 Aperio received from TEDCO, Clarks said they’ve also raised $650,000 in other funding and are looking to raise $300,000 more by the end of the year.
The full list of TEDCO’s latest Seed Investment Fund companies, excluding Aperio, is below:
- PerCredo Technology Solutions’ Cyber Guidance System (CGS) gives CIOs the ability to visualize and manage people, processes, and technologies.
- Machfu connects controllers and sensors to the industrial Internet-of-Things.
- Vista Research Group provides the data that addiction and mental health treatment programs need to improve their results and profitability.
- Blue Sources produces an aquatic biomonitor device that uses bluegills (freshwater fish) to detect toxic chemicals in source waters and drinking water.
- Javazen makes coffee without the crash, creating a new category of healthy brews that make you feel and perform better.
- TeamedOn International is developing therapeutics to combat leukemia.
- Atomic Mole, a security platform for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- SecondWrite, a sandbox that identifies hidden paths in malware and forcibly executes them.
- Arbit, a social network that connects users with their favorite athletes, celebrities, brands, friends and more through image and video polling.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.