The largest gathering of angel investors and entrepreneurs in the mid-Atlantic region has been marrying ideas with capital for over 18 years.
This year’s annual Angel Venture Fair, which is sponsored by the Private Investors Forum (PIF), takes place Tuesday, April 26 from 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at the Union League of Philadelphia.
The event will feature 34 companies, winnowed down from over 170 applicants — a new record for the Angel Venture Fair, according to PIF Executive Director Marc Kramer. The companies represent such diverse industries as healthcare, mobile, software, food, beverage, clothing, software, energy and electronics.
Along with the presenting companies, one of the world’s top angel investors, Harry Edelson, founder of Edelson Technology Partners and author of Positivity, will be the keynote speaker. The first 200 attendees will receive complimentary copies of Edelson’s new book.
Here are the companies that will be participating in the event (and where they hail from):
- Airnest (Pennsylvania) is a platform that enables businesses to design and deploy drone-ready applications.
- ArgentumCidalElectrics (Pennsylvania) helps hospitals kill microbes on treated surfaces, reducing costs to treat healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
- Atrin Pharmaceuticals (Pennsylvania) makes targeted small-molecule therapeutics for treating cancer.
- BACelet LLC (Pennsylvania) makes a bracelet that aims to reduce the amount of alcohol-related accidents on college campuses.
- BiologicsMD (Pennsylvania) makes hair cycle stimulators (HCS) that can restore hair growth and prevent hair loss in conditions of alopecia.
- Care Technology Solutions, LLC (Pennsylvania) provides cloud-based software services and automation tools for caregivers of the chronically ill.
- Century Club (New York) is a membership program that connects bars to repeat patrons and collects customer segmentation data for alcohol brands.
- CHIA STAR (New Jersey) makes “beverages with super powers.”
- Clear Admit (Pennsylvania) is a digital media and data analytics company that provides resources and tools meant to help MBA applicants find the right business school, and MBA programs find and attract the right candidates.
- Enzium, Inc. (Pennsylvania) is a biotech company with products that can better identify closely-related conditions.
- Faber Distilling Co. (Pennsylvania) makes a line of craft spirits.
- FinPay, LLC (Pennsylvania) is a financial startup in the healthcare space.
- Geneoscopy (Pennsylvania) is developing a screening methodology to non-invasively diagnose colorectal cancer (CRC) using biomarkers in stool samples.
- Herb ‘n Zest (New Jersey) aims to “empower home cooks by making it simpler, faster and cheaper to cook.”
- InnaMed (Pennsylvania) offers a home blood-testing device that can track, store and analyze important health data for the elderly.
- Involvio (New York) helps colleges and universities recapture revenue lost due to declining retention rates by increasing student engagement.
- MainTool (Pennsylvania) aims to make all regular watches “smart.”
- Medical Conservation Devices, LLC (Pennsylvania) markets “a next-gen anesthesia system” that offers cost savings from healthcare providers.
- Moberg Research Inc. (Pennsylvania) makes a platform for better managing head-injured patients.
- Nolinio, LLC (Pennsylvania) offers sales intelligence on face-to-face interactions.
- oLIVE Devices LLC (Pennsylvania) is an assistive device company “creating superpowers” for people with disabilities.
- Oratio (Pennsylvania) helps people speak better and overcome their fear of public speaking.
- PainQx Inc. (Pennsylvania) makes a pain-measurement system.
- SafeStamp (Pennsylvania) is an authenticity device that prevents pharmaceutical counterfeiting.
- Saturn Care Inc. (Pennsylvania) is a financial startup in the healthcare space.
- SelfCerve (Pennsylvania) makes a self-administered cervical cancer screening device for women in the developing world.
- SnipMe, Inc. (Virginia) produces original, short-form TV shows centered on amateur participation.
- Think Like a Girl (New Jersey) encourages young girls to learn about engineering fundamentals in ways girls enjoy.
- Triea Technologies, LLC (Maryland) turns animal manure into a revenue-generating asset for farmers.
- Twine (Pennsylvania) is a service that “engineers serendipitous connections.”
- Verb8tm, Inc. (Maryland) makes technology that produces highly accurate captions and transcripts.
- ViRAZE (New Jersey) develops first-in-class small molecules to treat viral diseases.
- WeTrain (Pennsylvania) is the “Uber meets Costco” of fitness.
- WindiGo Turbines LLC (Pennsylvania) is developing scalable wind turbine systems for on-site energy generation.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.