Nine finalists have been selected in the fourth annual ICE Awards — that’s Innovation, Corporate Excellence and Entrepreneurship — by the Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO).
Here are the finalists in each of the categories, from the TEDCO press release:
- Diagnostic Biochips – Fast-response chemical sensing technology created by Diagnostic Biochips can be used to make medical devices and implants “smart” by providing information on biological activity.
- Rehabtics – Rehabtics is an online rehabilitation system that uses gaming technology to enable patients to follow and conduct rehabilitation training in engaging virtual environments. (Read Technical.ly Baltimore’s coverage here.)
- Woofound – Creator of Explore, an application that uses a “visual personality assessment” to recommend career paths based on users’ responses to a series of images. (Read Technical.ly Baltimore’s coverage here.)
- CSA Medical – Specializing in spray cryotherapy technologies, CSA Medical developed truFreeze®, which freezes and removes bodily tissues in general surgery with or without an endoscope.
- i-Lighting – Providing LED lighting solutions that create secure, lasting and attractive environments both indoors and outdoors.
- Looking Glass – Developers of information architecture, Looking Glass’s platforms enable users to asses and manage threat intelligence, monitor ecosystems and support decision-making.
- Casey Eitner, senior vice president, Noble Life Sciences – A contract research organization operated by scientists, Noble Life Sciences helps develop drugs, including in-vivo and in-vitro specialized models.
- Greg Merril, CEO, Brain Sentry – Developers of an innovative helmet-mounted sensor that helps coaches identify athletes that should be assessed for a concussion. (Read Technical.ly Baltimore’s coverage here.)
- Wayne Swann, managing partner and founder, CrispTek – Creators of Choice Batter,a line of gluten-free low-oil absorbing edibles that use a special blend of rice flour to make tasty, allergy-friendly foods.