This editorial article is a part of State of Local Tech Month of Technical.ly’s editorial calendar.
Congrats are in order: The tech and life sciences communities celebrated another year of innovation last night during the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technology (PACT) 2023 Enterprise Awards. Thirty-one nominated organizations and individuals gathered at the Springfield Country Club where 10 competitive awards were given out throughout the night.
The PACT Legend Enterprise Award for lifetime achievement returned this year to honor entrepreneur and active private investor, David Adelman, for his contributions to the local entrepreneurship community.
“David’s unwavering dedication to fostering entrepreneurship, innovation, and economic growth has transformed Philadelphia and left an indelible mark on our city,” said Dean Miller, president CEO of PACT, in a statement earlier this month. “It is with great admiration and respect that we honor David with the 2023 Legend Award, recognizing the profound impact he has had on our community and the lives of those around him.”
PACT’s Enterprise Awards goal is to honor innovators in the technology and life sciences industries in the Philadelphia region. The awards took a break during the pandemic, but returned in person in 2021 and 2022. Last year, the awards honored 27 people and organizations.
“The Enterprise Awards is the biggest night in Philadelphia’s technology and life sciences ecosystem each and every year, and the energy and excitement in the venue is unmatched,” said Dianne Strunk, VP of PACT. “Congratulations to all of our extraordinary finalists and winners. You continue to flourish and inspire us all daily.”
Here are the winners of this year’s 10 competitive awards:
- Life Sciences and Healthcare Startup — Vittoria Biotherapeutics
- Life Sciences and Healthcare Emerging — Biomeme
- Life Sciences and Healthcare CEO — Tom Anderson, SwanBio Therapeutics
- Life Sciences and Healthcare Company — AscellaHealth
- Healthcare Innovator — Code Bio
- Technology Startup — Lula Convenience
- Technology Emerging — Exyn Technologies
- Technology CEO — Christopher Molaro, NeuroFlow
- Technology Company — Infinite Blue
- Investment Deal — Center for Breakthrough Medicines
And here are all the nominees honored last night:
Life Sciences and Healthcare Startup
- Interius BioTherapeutics
- Verismo Therapeutics
- Vittoria Biotherapeutics
- Lula Convenience
- Center for Breakthrough Medicines
- Sidecar / Quartile
Life Sciences and Healthcare Emerging
- Exyn Technologies
- LoanStar Technologies
Life Sciences and Healthcare CEO
- Tom Anderson, SwanBio Therapeutics
- Hervé Hoppenot, Incyte
- Melissa Sherman, MOBILion Systems
- Mike Lahiff, ZeroEyes
- Christopher Molaro, NeuroFlow
- Jagath Wanninayake, Suvoda
- Avisi Technologies
- Code Bio
- Kibow Therapeutics
Life Sciences and Healthcare Company
- Century Therapeutics
- Spark Therapeutics
- Clinical ink
- Infinite Blue
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.