Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Some vino for your quarantino
In times like these, when magic is in short supply, sometimes you just have to create your own. That’s why a group of Marylanders are banding together to deliver some spritely spirit door-to-door.
The so-called “Wine Fairies” are delivering gift baskets and bottles of alcohol to their neighbors, who in turn pay it forward by crafting and delivering their own treats.
So the next time you hear that knock on the door, it could be your friendly neighborhood Wine Fairy paying a visit. Or it could be Opportunity, knocking about one of the jobs below. Either way, go see who’s there!
Tomorrow — that’s Thursday, May 7 — join entrepreneurs and technologists from across the country for Technical.ly’s free digital conference Introduced|Virtual. It includes a full day of diverse content centered around the theme of building better companies, and the DMV will be well-represented with appearances by team members from Catalyte, Clutch, FiscalNote, Whitebox, Pie Insurance, Clean.io, Sorcero, Revolution and more. Speaking of building better companies — many of those organizations are hiring, so check out the listings below. Register for free here.
The TWIJ Show continues with an episode around maintaining a growth mindset during an economic downturn. Check it out for thoughts from Catalyte CEO Jake Hsu, then ask him some follow up questions during his Introduced|Virtual panel.
And for those of you juggling professional responsibilities with taking care of your kids, here’s a roundup of tips and resources to help you manage life with your “new coworkers.”
- Cash back app GetUpside is looking for a Senior Software Engineer as well as a Product Marketing Manager.
- Pie Insurance also has two openings, for a Product Manager and Senior UX Designer.
- Clutch has a handful of positions available, including Senior SEO Specialist and Customer Experience Analyst.
- FiscalNote has a ton of openings in everything from sales to engineering.
- Sorcero seeks a Lead Product Designer to help build natural language processing solutions for the life sciences and insurance industries.
- Fight malvertising with the team at Clean.io — hoping to fill five engineering roles in Baltimore.
- Go pro at healthcare data analytics company Protenus as its new VP of Engineering.
- Rendia in Baltimore needs a Customer Success Manager.
- SmartLogic is expanding with a Sales & Software Engineer.
- Innovative Defense Technologies in Arlington is looking for a Software Engineer.
- Accenture Federal Services in Reston is also in need of a Software Engineer. Choices, choices.
- Scalable Path is adding two remote members to its team: Typescript Backend Developer and Backend Developer for Real Time Collaboration App.
- Trumid Technologies has an opening for a Remote Junior Mid Level React Developer.
That’s it for this week. If you happen to come across a Wine Fairy in the wild, please send them our way for their next delivery.
Good luck and we’ll see you at Introduced|Virtual!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.