Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Before we (*jazz hands*) dazzle you with this week’s shiny array of tech jobs, here’s a bit of content that everyone, no matter who they are or what they believe in, can enjoy: dogs making babies laugh hysterically.
Well, everyone except for cats.
Seventy years after developing the polio vaccine, doctors at the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Vaccine Research are building on the work of their predecessors to produce a vaccine for COVID-19. This is the first installment of our yearlong reporting series underwritten by the Pittsburgh Innovation District, so stay tuned for more in-depth articles in the coming months. And that’s only the tip of the iceberg for what Pittsburgh’s got going on …
… Because weighing in at zero pounds and no ounces, we are thrilled to introduce our newest TWIJ baby: TWIJ Pittsburgh. The city of bridges has quickly become a hot spot for research, technology and innovation with so many opportunities for technologists, entrepreneurs and innovation companies, we decided it needed its very own newsletter. And that, kids, is how babies are made.
Artificial intelligence is about to get real at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. With a $5 million donation from married Wharton MBA grads, funding will go towards expanding AI courses, establishing a speaker series and encouraging more student engagement in clubs, events and committees.
Alright pros, pick your poison.
- Fintech startup Perpay is on the lookout for a Performance Marketer. Thespians take note, this is not — we repeat — NOT an acting gig (though, TBH, we may have gotten a little excited ourselves upon first glance).
- AWeber is hiring a Demand Generation Manager.
- Spicin’ up the exterior home renovation game, Power Home Remodeling is on the prowl for a Public Relations Intern.
- Investment firm with a thing for 18th century ships, Vanguard (named after said 18th century vessel) is looking for a couple UX pros:
- And back at it again, Power Home Remodeling is also looking to hire an Associate UX Engineer.
- Brio — which plans, designs, and executes innovative digital projects — seeks a Project Manager.
- Odessa in Center City is looking for a Sr. Project Manager – ERP Implementations. Perks include the opportunity to speak your mind. And dental.
- Fitness tech leader (is “FitTech” an abbreve we can use yet?) Wodify is hiring a couple’a motivated, problem-solving engineers:
- Mediavine seeks a Remote Ad Tech Team Software Engineer.
- Ario is looking to hire a Remote Senior Web Developer.
- Railroad19 has an opening for a Remote Cloud Native Java Developer.
Hopefully something on this list has sparked your interest. If not, remember our master jobs board is available and updated 24/7/365.
And if you’re having a rough week, don’t play it tough, just watch the video with the puppies and the babies.
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-