In February, Technical.ly Philly is hosting NET/WORK, a technology jobs fair where organizations can show off their company culture and attendees can show off their personality. It’s not just a resume exchange, people.
NET/WORK will be held Feb. 4, 2014 at Union Transfer, the warehouse turned concert venue on Spring Garden Street, and will feature 30+ regional organizations ready to hire. We know that great technologists have options when it comes to finding a job, so we’re building an environment where employers and attendees can test the “fit.”
This will not be a typical jobs fair.
Suits and ties are optional and conversations that dig deep are encouraged. We’re partnering with our friends at Campus Philly to make sure there’s a mix of established professionals and college students. Don’t just get referred a position but instead size up company culture.
Organizations already involved include startups likes Curalate and PeopleLinx, design firms Zivtech and O3 World and institutions like Drexel’s College of Computing and Informatics. (We’ll share a full list of participating companies right before the event).
The event will have a “coffee shop” area for private one-on-one, professional development programming, career counseling and a chance for LinkedIn appropriate head shots. Yes, there is also a happy hour for even more casual networking.
Those who RSVP will be matched in advance with organizations whose culture best suits their personality.
ATTEND IF YOU ARE:
- Looking for full-time work with company that fits your skills and personality
- Seeking opportunities in technical careers including front-end design, back end development, including PHP and Django, object orientated programming, including Python, Java and other mobile and database development and management, software and other engineering disciplines, UX, UI, product and project management.
- A recent graduate looking for an apprenticeship
- Interested in freelance gigs
- Currently employed, but want to feel out future opportunities
- Looking to network
- Have technical skills and want to attend a community event about tech company culture, professional development in a cool venue and a great social environment.
NET/WORK is produced by Technical.ly Philly, in partnership with Campus Philly.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.