Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Tied to the lunar calendar, today marks the start of the lunar new year. Celebrated across East and Southeast Asian cultures, it’s time to feast, gather and honor ancestors.
The celebration also ushers in the new Zodiac — in this case, the water tiger. The water tiger appears on the Zodiac calendar every 60 years, and signifies strength and eliminating evil with bravery.
How can you bring water tiger energy to the new year and new month? Can you muster up the bravery to make a big move or try something new?
2022’s RealLIST Startups are here! Here are the year’s most promising young tech companies to watch in:
Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast is back, and (partly) IRL once again. A hybrid of online and in-person events from May 6 to 14, this event celebrates technology, entrepreneurship and innovation. Join Technical.ly on May 10 for the Developers Conference and May 12 for Introduced.
For founders, when, if ever, is the right time to sell their startup? Tech founders share why they choose to sell, or why they won’t.
For Startup Health Month, Technical.ly asked companies how they’re planning to “stay healthy” this year, tackling everything from remote work and culture building to boosting morale and maintaining communication.
- The Tactile Group offers full solution application development dedicated to improving the lives of others. The remote team is searching for a Digital Project Manager.
- Guru is creating better communication for internal and customer-facing teams. The Philly and San Francisco-based startup is hiring remotely for a Sales Development Representative.
- MachShip is disrupting the freight industry and is looking for a Senior Golang Developer.
- Clean energy technology company Inspire is seeking a:
- Join Think Company’s established design team as a Senior-Level UX Designer.
- Infinite Blue is building a platform for disaster recovery planning and response, and is hiring an Inside Sales Representative.
- Looking to make it in a career in media? Axios in Arlington is hiring a:
- C4ADS is using open data and technology to research security, conflict, and threat finance. The technology team is searching for a Software Engineer.
- MetaMesh Wireless Communications is increasing digital equity in the Pittsburgh region. The growing team is looking for a Business Development Manager to help expand its nonprofit wireless internet service provider venture.
- TeleTracking offers enterprise solutions for documenting and coordinating patient care. The company is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Ready for robotics? Carnegie Mellon University’s National Robotics Engineering Center is seeking a Technical Recruiter and Robotics Engineer (Mobile Robotics).
Cue up “Eye of the [Water] Tiger” and make some bold moves. See you next week.