Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
None of us are born knowing how to behave on the job — understanding professionalism and office culture takes time, and more than a few mistakes.
If you’re seeking a daily dose of cringe, check out Ask a Manager’s delightful thread where readers weigh in with their moments of unprofessionalism, including regrettable cubicle decor and bringing “Cards Against Humanity” to a Monday morning meeting.
It’s just a reminder of how much you’ve grown, and where you could be headed with this week’s job postings.
If you missed last week’s Technical.ly Developers Conference, you can still check out 8 pre-recorded talks from leading technologists at Comcast, Vanguard, URBN, Crossbeam, Audacy, Capital One and Power Home Remodeling.
Salary transparency can create a more equitable workplace, explains Crystal Coache, chief of staff for Urban Teachers, and Jess Gartner, CEO and founder of Allovue.
What does in-person networking look like today after two years of Zoom events and online programming?
These PA startups just received up to $100,000 in tax credits thanks to the Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ) Tax Credit Program.
The engineering team lead at QuotaPath, Mike Bagwell, explains his experience doubling the size of his team and introducing a new methodology to keep projects on track. (Interested in engineering? QuotaPath is hiring.)
- Growing SaaS fintech startup GoWiser is seeking a Front End Developer.
- Certified B Corp Inspire is helping customers access clean energy. The Santa Monica and Philly-based company is remotely hiring for the following roles:
- Crossbeam is looking for an Engineering Manager to continue to build its unique platform.
- Leading provider of organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for software vendors Infinite Blue is looking for a variety of hires, including:
- URBN is searching for a Platform Engineer to perfect its clothing rental subscription service Nuuly.
- Comcast’s Act Two program is a 6-month paid and fixed-term role for professionals returning to the workforce. The program is currently looking for a:
- Cloud enablement solution Kion is hiring a Demand Generations and Marketing Operations Manager. (Note: This role can be remote/hybrid.)
- Innovation Works Baltimore is on the lookout for a Business Systems Analyst.
- Axios is in its growth stage, and is seeking a:
- PNC Financial Services is looking for a variety of candidates, including:
- Agency Deeplocal is hiring a Program Director for its new initiative, Gizmology, a technology apprenticeship program.
- Healthcare software startup Treatspace is looking for a Junior Fullstack Developer.
You’ve come a long way! See you again next week.