Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
From movie theaters to the NFL, Taylor Swift might be a “Mastermind.”
When the songstress started showing her “Style” with Kansas City Chiefs merch, sales of her alleged beau’s jersey, Travis Kelce, jumped 400%.
The premiere of TSwift’s “Eras” tour movie set records for the top-earning opening weekend for a concert documentary.
If you’re thinking about how to innovate and draw a “Blank Space,” it doesn’t hurt to get out of your head and think, “What might multi-media mogul Taylor Swift do?”
Who knows? You might have an “Epiphany” with one of this week’s job postings.
Meta Quest 3 has arrived, and here’s a first impression from one of our writers.
Maryland is piloting the $10 million “Build Our Future” grant program to transform the state into a major technology hub.
Out of the tank and into seed funding: After appearing on “Shark Tank,” Maryland-based Hungry Harvest raised $1.15 million.
Duolingo is making sweet music with its latest curriculum offering.
Philly + Delaware
- Work with Wawa! The convenience company is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Information Security Tools Administrator III and Technical Manager of Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
- Looking for a smart opportunity? CubeSmart has a variety of roles open, including:
- Help people see dental care more clearly. Kleer is looking for a Patient Marketing Manager and Account Manager, Patient Practices.
- Global financial services company Macquarie is seeking a Chief Architect.
DC + Baltimore
- Impact-focused digital services integrator Fearless is hiring a Software Engineer II/III and Test Engineer.
- Criminal justice transparency and reporting organization Baltimore Witness is looking for a Mid-Level Data Operations Lead.
- Global nonprofit The Aspen Institute is seeking a Director of Insights and Evidence.
- Internet freedom nonprofit Open Technology Fund is searching for a Program Specialist.
- Technology services and consulting company Wipro is keeping an eye out for a Technical Lead.
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute is hiring a Data Scientist.
- Autonomous driving company Motional is looking for a Senior Engineer.
- Howmet Aerospace is searching for a Director of Finance Technology.
- Data and AI company Databricks is seeking a Resident Solutions Architect (Regulated Industries).
- Open-source Web3 company Hedera is looking for a President (Software Engineering).
- Financial services startup Ellevest wants a Senior Software Engineer.
Time to “Shake it Off” and try something new. See you later!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.