Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
As the holiday season crests, taking a break right now might seem impossible. From hosting family to securing last-minute gifts, many of us are caught up in the frenzy of holiday prep on top of workplace demands.
Which means, actually, it may be the perfect time to close your laptop and take a deep breath. Trust us, you’ll be better for it. Numerous studies show that slowing down and taking time off actually boosts future productivity, fostering creative thinking and better information retention.
So go ahead, take a break, and check out this week’s opportunities.
(And speaking of taking a break, Technical.ly will be closed and not publishing from Dec. 23 through Jan. 2, so this is the final TWIJ of the year. Enjoy the holidays, and we’ll see you in 2022!)
Drumroll, please: Announcing the winners of the 2021 Technical.ly Awards!
Can money make you happy? In a word, no. But here’s how salary increases can spell satisfaction in the workplace.
Gopuff could be going public in 2022. Here’s how the move might impact Philly’s startup scene.
Speaking of IPOs, here are some of the biggest money moves of 2021 in Pittsburgh.
With investment from SoftBank, Maryland autonomous vehicle company Robotic Research is roaring to life.
Want to work with us? Technically Media has multiple openings currently, including a Winter/Spring Business Intern, an Editor and Editorial Director, and a Reporter (via Report for America) to cover the news in Philly’s rapidly changing tech economy.
- Financial broadcast and modeling tool Jirav is hiring a Senior Staff Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Philly-based Crossbeam is building a first-of-its-kind platform that helps companies partner in a more data-driven way. The startup is seeking a Technical Recruiter to help grow the team.
- Think fast! Think Company is solving business problems for companies across industries and is looking for:
- You hear that? New York-founded broadcast and internet radio platform Audacy is making some noise in the hiring world and growing its team with a:
- Ready to make the jump into Mac support? Springboard Media is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join its team of Mac support specialists.
- Perpay is changing the financial landscape with easy-to-use products that help build credit and needs a Product Manager to help further its mission.
- Want to revolutionize the biopharmaceutical industry? Pinnacle 21 is looking for a Software Test Engineer to assist in building software to create a more efficient approval process
- Love organization? So does Appian. The automation platform is seeking a Partner Development Specialist to guide the partner ecosystem.
- Read all about it! Arlington-based publication Axios is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Quorum helps public affairs professionals work smarter and faster through software and is searching for a Deal Desk Coordinator to support the sales program.
- PNC Financial Services is seeking an Infra Configuration Consultant.
- Are you a software engineer with a creative streak? Technical agency Deeplocal is searching for a Creative Technologist to help bring its campaigns to life.
- Ready to race into a career in autonomous vehicles? Argo AI is hiring a Business Strategy Associate.
Now, it’s time to take it easy. Enjoy some much deserved time off, and we’ll see you again in the new year.