Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
At the intersection of summer break and meme culture comes the rise of the #gentleminions.
Born out of teenage boredom (it’s summer break, of course) and the virality of TikTok, teens have taken to dressing in suits en masse to attend screenings of “Minions: The Rise of Gru.”
The trend has taken off to the point where theaters ask attendees to refrain from wearing suits to avoid the rowdy crowds and confrontations that come from some gentleminion-mobbed screenings.
Are we recommending you dust off a suit and check out the latest animated flick? Not really. But, there’s something to be said for innovation and creativity that can stem from a little boredom.
Wondering what’s next in tech education? Good news: It’s Tech Education Month here at Technical.ly. Read on to learn about our coverage.
From medical breakthroughs to new AI technology, TEDCO’s Maryland Innovation Initiative is helping Maryland university-based founders take their technology commercial.
Google senior technical product manager Ayodele Duyile breaks down the difference between inclusive workplace policies and tokenism.
Working from anywhere has its benefits. But, what about employee mental health and missed social connections? Here’s how these technologists are combating it via a Spotify-led convo.
- Springboard Collaborative is closing the literacy gap between home and school and needs a Lead Full-Stack Developer.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is seeking a Sales Operations Manager and a Program Manager.
- Everytown for Gun Safety is hiring a Director of Digital Technology.
- Infinite Blue creates SaaS tools and is searching for several roles, including:
- Want to clear up the confusion around dental coverage? Kleer is searching for a Partner Development Manager.
- Diamond Technologies is looking for a Network Systems Engineer/IT Support.
- Johns Hopkins University is seeking a Director of its Social Innovation Lab.
- Bridge the gap between technology and client-focused work as an Application Support Specialist at 14 West.
- Analytics and technology provider BlueLabs is on the lookout for a Data Lead.
- PNC Financial Services is hiring a:
- Ready to write? Technical.ly is searching for a Pittsburgh Reporter.
- EKTO VR is creating immersive VR products and needs a Mechanical Engineer and a Software Engineer.
Try being bored this week, see where that takes you. We’ll be back again next week.