Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The inevitable has finally arrived. Last week, Netflix announced plans to test a surcharge for users sharing their passwords to those who live outside the household.
Gone are the days where you could binge “Bridgerton” using your roommate from five years ago’s account because they never logged off on your TV. No more password swapping of someone’s Netflix for your Hulu credentials.
But hey, this newfound free time means more time spent checking out today’s new jobs.
With Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and some platform you haven’t even heard of yet, it can be hard to decide where to focus your energy. Kapowza Chief Marketing Officer Sean Sutherland weighs in on advice as to how to best find your audience online.
The pandemic has only accelerated the rise of remote work, creating unique tech migration patterns as smaller hubs pop up across the country.
In this week’s Culture Builder: Can companies ever bounce back from a toxic workplace?
In just a year, NFTs transformed from niche hobby to mainstream pursuit. What does that mean for art and technology at large?
Kion’s new director of design and engineering discovered the company on Technical.ly — check out the remote-first cloud enablement firm’s open roles here if you want to follow in his footsteps.
- QuotaPath is reimagining commission tracking and compensation and is seeking a Director of Product Marketing to further its mission.
- Savages Corp is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- KickUp is creating custom professional education to help teachers grow in the classroom and needs a Head of Demand Generation.
- Optimize product returns and the customer experience at ReturnLogic. The PA-based startup is looking for a Sales Operations Manager.
- Fastmail is prioritizing privacy and a great user experience for its email platform. The Center City-based company is searching for a Backend Developer.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Customer Education Manager to further its mission of helping teams better visual data and contacts.
- Vanguard’s two-year rotational development program available to graduating college seniors is seeking applicants for its:
- Infinite Blue is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager.
- Join the team at GetUpside as a Senior Mobile Android Engineer and use the technology of online retail to draw customers to brick-and-mortar businesses.
- Axios is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- Interested in investing? Money Map Press is looking for a Junior Project Manager to join its team.
- The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Office of Institutional Advancement is searching for an Assistant Director for Research and Creative Achievement Communications.
- Searching for a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
- Gridwise, an app helping rideshare and delivery drivers, is hiring for several roles, including:
- Sheetz’s Innovation & Technology team is on the lookout for an Experimentation Manager to develop best practices for testing new in-store technology.
Here’s hoping you can get one last stream in. Watch something you love, and we’ll see you back here next week