Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
November note: For the next several weeks, we’re trialing a single consolidated national TWIJ rather than our separate geographically focused versions. We’ve heard from both jobseekers and hiring companies over the last year that they’re increasingly interested in opportunities beyond their immediate region, and we hope you enjoy this updated format. We will be sharing a reader survey later in November for feedback, and if you have immediate thoughts or questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
For Your Next Challenge …
Waiting to hear back from employers can be agonizing. It’s easy to stress and panic, but it’s important to remember to stay focused and be patient. If you watched “Squid Game,” you know exactly what I mean. And if you didn’t, I strongly encourage you to. But this will still make sense so don’t fret.
The lingering anticipation of waiting to see what happens next and pain of seeing your favorite characters eliminated are (basically) the same emotions you endure when waiting for an employer to respond or learning that you’re no longer a candidate for a position.
But as long as you remind yourself to stay focused because there’s something great waiting for you once the wait is over, you’ll be just fine. This isn’t a hot take, but I thought the ending was horrible. What won’t suck is when you finally land that job you’ve been eyeing, though, so keep staying strong!
You no longer need a college degree to guarantee a decent shot at getting a tech job. Check out 10 coding bootcamps in Delaware that could help you land one down the line.
Explore funding opportunities for underrepresented founders in Maryland, including TEDCO’s Pre-Seed Builder Fund.
Pennsylvania State Rep. Ed Gainey is set to take over as Pittsburgh’s next mayor. Here’s what the local tech community hopes to see during his tenure.
Applications just opened for the Maryland Innovation Investment Tax Credit, a recently instituted tax credit designed to attract investors for Maryland-based tech companies.
Software developer RapidDeploy is teaming up with the city of Alexandria to improve the accuracy of 911 dispatchers locating emergency calls.
It’s the holiday season, which means it’s time to aimlessly scramble for gifts. But maybe searching for gifts doesn’t have to be so hard this time around. Sprize is a Philly-founded platform that allows people to enter specific identifiers to find the ideal gift.
- Interested in clean energy technology? Inspire is hiring a Frontend Software Engineer and needs a Data Engineer as well.
- It’s not every day you get to work for a global media giant, but that could be your reality. Join Comcast as a Software Development Engineer.
- With people traveling more as we recover from the pandemic, it’s a great time to scope the travel tech scene. Join Tempest as a Data Migration Specialist or Senior Web Developer.
- Wilmington University is seeking a Digital Content Specialist, Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist, and Admissions CRM Specialist.
- Enjoy working with cloud tech? Recently-rebranded Kion (formerly cloudtamer.io) is hiring a Support Engineer.
- Axios is looking for a Senior Data Scientist and Senior Data Engineer.
- SmartLogic is seeking to hire a Software Project Manager.
- Information services company FiscalNote is bringing on a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Collaborate with biotechnology companies by joining LifeX Labs as an Executive in Residence.
- PNC Financial Services is on the lookout for a Senior Software Developer (Java) and Software Architect (Python/Pandas/PySpark).
- Looking to join an early-stage startup? Pearl Street Technologies is bringing on a Lead Software Engineer.
You can find employment and make a positive impact in your community at the same time:
- If your goal is to use soccer to affect social change (see what I did there?), join Starfinder Foundation as an Impact Manager.
- Lead positive change to our voting technology as the Director of Development for Verified Voting.
- Strive to end hunger (and have an amazing title) as the Major Gift Officer for Philabundance.
- Crossbeam is bringing on a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Vistar Media is looking for a Full Stack Engineer.
- SimpliSafe needs a Staff Software Engineer for its Enterprise Information Systems team.
- Media Tradecraft is hiring a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer.
The final game is to check in next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.