Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
We don’t wanna speak too soon, but it looks like we have a record-breaking event on our hands.
The Three Rivers Arts Festival kicked off last weekend with nary a rain cloud in sight. Longtime residents and newcomers alike will recognize how rare that is. In years past, we’ve seen torrential downpours and dangerous storms grace Point State Park during the free festival, forcing most of us indoors.
While the week ahead looks, admittedly, rainier, we’re hoping for another weekend of clear skies and outdoor activities, including public art and free musical performances.
Rain or shine, don’t be afraid to take a break from the job search and meet us downtown this weekend.
In wake of protests and the pandemic, the tech world has seen massive shifts in corporate responsibility over the past year. Technical.ly’s Chris Wink does a deep dive.
Adda Coffee & Tea is working with CarbonCroc to track its carbon emissions and adopt more sustainable practices.
Realyze, a UPMC Enterprise firm, is using AI to help doctors gain more insight into patient’s health history.
- PNC is hiring a Senior Innovation Application Architect.
- Help patients get the medical help they need, faster. TeleTracking is looking for a DevOps Engineer.
- Covestro is searching for a Senior Cloud Platform Architect.
- Bring custom rugged robotics to government, industrial teams, and even small businesses. Carnegie Robotics is looking for a Software Engineer.
- American Eagle Outfitters wants to bring on an Engineering Manager to help streamline its Content Management Systems.
- Help deliver much-needed supplies to healthcare and hospitality markets with Aethon. A global leader in intralogistics automation is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- SEA is on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer Specialist.
- Help patients at health sites stay better connected. UPMC is seeking a Senior Wireless Engineer.
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Institute for Software Research is hiring a Research Programmer.
- Reimagine the future of freighting with Maven Machines. The fast-growing startup is looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
- Zoobeans is searching for a React Developer.
The Remote Jobs
- STRATIS IoT is seeking a Software Developer with a background in React and Redux.
- Love problem solving for a diverse set of clients? Listrak is hiring an Associate Software Engineer.
- Spora Health needs a Full Stack Developer.
Keep your eye on the forecast, and we’ll catch you here next time.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.