Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It seems that Pittsburgh has reached the “acceptance” stage when it comes to its identity as the “City of Pickles.” This weekend, if you are so enticed, you can register for Picklesburgh’s Pickle Juice Drinking Contest, where the winner will be crowned Mayor of Picklesburgh.
If winning public office via competitive drinking isn’t enticing, you can also stop downtown for live music, pickled snacks, and other such fermented fun.
In a pickle for weekend plans? Trudge downtown and head toward the giant, inflatable dill pickle for a uniquely Pittsburgh experience.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
And hey, while we’re on the promote-our-own-stuff train: Want the latest local tech news delivered straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Technical.ly’s Pittsburgh daily newsletter.
Local teens flex their entrepreneurship skills during Startable’s eight-week program.
Congnistx and SAE International partnered to create an easily searchable and accessible library of documents for engineers.
Tech jobs are booming, according to reports from CompTIA, and signs point to more opportunities in Pittsburgh.
- LifeX Labs is hiring a part-time Executive in Residence.
- Join PNC Financial Services’ Enterprise Innovation team as a Sr. Innovation Application Architect.
- Abridge AI is seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Optimize the world of multiplayer gaming with Subspace as a Software Engineer.
- eNGINE is looking for a Java Developer.
- Optimize the power of the search engine. Google is seeking a Software Engineer Manager.
- UPMC is hiring a Senior Test Engineer.
- Problem-solve with Facebook’s Research and Development team. The social network is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Systems ML.
- rideOS is on the lookout for a Software Engineer to work within the simulation team.
- Work side by side with CoPilot’s founders as the startup’s first full-time Software Engineer.
- Bodo is seeking a Full Stack Developer.
- Tackle climate change at Form Energy as a Senior Data Engineer.
- Carnegie Mellon’s Computing Services is looking for a Senior IT Business Systems Analyst.
The Remote Jobs
- AKTEK is hiring a Full Stack Developer.
- Join Tempest as a Web Project Manager.
- QuotaPath is seeking a Solutions Consultant.
Mayor of Picklesburgh? It’s kind of a big dill. But, if pickling isn’t your bag, we’ll see you next week where we’ll be back to our bread and butter, jobs and news.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.