Hi! You’re receiving the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
The catch? Riders must make continuous uphill progress to the top of the hill. If their feet touch the ground, grab a pole, or the cyclists swerve, they’re set back to the bottom to start the hill again.
It’s sort of like the worst leg day you can imagine, then some.
But, completing the challenge is a badge of honor among ‘burgh cyclists. It’s all about keeping your head down and focusing on making it to the top.
That’s not the only place where tunnel vision might come in handy. Check out this week’s opportunities below, and keep your eyes on the prize.
DoorDash announced plans to open an engineering office and hire a variety of roles. Given all the ecosystem growth we’ve been reporting on lately, we asked a bunch of tech leaders from the region whether there’s something different about this moment.
Local crowdfunding loan platform Honeycomb Credit was one of three companies to give a live pitch to venture capital judges at the Money20/20 conference on Sunday.
Another unicorn joins the herd! Stronghold Digital Mining, now worth more than a billion dollars, went public last week.
Texas-based Castle Biosciences is acquiring Hamar-based biotech firm Cernostics, building momentum for the area’s booming life sciences industry.
Know other award-worthy innovators in Philly’s tech space? Nominate them for the 2021 Technical.ly Awards — the deadline is EOD Nov. 3.
- Attention seasoned life science professionals! LifeX Labs is seeking a Part-Time Executive in Residence.
- PNC Financial Services is looking for several candidates, including Senior Technology Engineer, Software Manager, and Field Support Specialist.
- Manage online engagement and help bolster grassroots entrepreneurship as RustBuilt’s Community Manager (Part-Time).
- Zoobean is hiring a Product Designer to help build out its educational reading software.
- Game on! Full-service education and entertainment game development company Schell Games wants to bring on a Marketing Specialist.
- OpenArc is on the lookout for a Senior Software Developer.
- Global software consultancy ThoughtWorks is searching for a Senior Data Engineer.
- SonderMind, a digital health company, is hiring a Software Engineer with a background in Angular.
- Background in machine learning? Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer, Systems ML.
- Affirm wants a Software Engineer, Android, to help improve its easy payment tool.
- Attention, entry-level job seekers! Aurora is looking for a Software Engineer to work within Vehicle I/O.
- Fifth Season is innovating urban farming and is hiring a Fluid Systems Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- QuotaPath is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Data-driven startup Crossbeam is searching for a Software Engineer.
- AlphaSights is seeking an Engineering Manager.
Keep spinning those wheels, you’re making progress. See you again next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.