Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
After the long holiday weekend, you may be contemplating putting away your white clothing for the remainder of the year. Or, you may be wondering who instituted the classic “No white after Labor Day” rule.
It should come as no surprise that this fashion mandate is dated, and pretty elitist. In the 1800s, wealthy people started packing away their summer whites to swap for a fall wardrobe to show off how much money they had. So, if you’re not ready to change out of your crisp white summer linens, don’t fret. This principle is a thing of the past.
Looking to make a different sort of change? Check out our latest job postings below.
What technologist in your network deserves some recognition? Nominate them for RealLIST Engineers 2021, Technical.ly’s curated list of influential developers and technologists.
Black Tech Nation’s “Twitter Takeovers” highlight some of the area’s brightest Black technologists to add to your feed — plus, learn more about the career trajectory of one of the takeoverers, Allegheny County DHS application specialist Tara Matthews.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
Coworking spaces in the area are adapting their models to incorporate both in-person and virtual communities.
Eighteen months later, Build412 Tech brought its happy hour event back to IRL.
And if you want Pittsburgh tech news like this in your inbox each weekday, subscribe to Technical.ly’s daily newsletter.
- PNC is hiring for a variety of roles, including Software Architect, Data Engineer, Technology Engineer, and Software Developer Lead.
- Duquesne Light is looking for a .Net Application Developer.
- Make the legal services accessible to all. LegalSifter is searching for an Account Manager.
- Bosch is on the lookout for an Associate Software Engineer.
- Design and fabrication school Protohaven is hiring an Executive Director.
- Direct Online Marketing is searching for a Digital Marketing (SEO) Strategist.
- Interested in the pharmaceutical space? eNGINE is looking for a Business Analyst for a company in the pharmacy world.
- sngular is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer.
- Scale self-driving technology with Argo AI. The autonomous vehicle company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- SonderMind is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- Use AI to unlock people’s productivity Petuum is on the lookout for a Software Engineer to specialize in FrontEnd UI.
The Remote Jobs
- Technically Media (hey that’s us!) is hiring a Fall Business Intern.
- Change the real estate industry with STRATIS as a Senior Agile Project Manager.
- cloudtamer.io is seeking a Support Engineer.
- Join Linode’s Product Development department as a Software Engineer.
Go ahead, rock that white sweat pants set well after Labor Day. See you back here next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.